Saturday, November 1, 2008

All things Halloween

Are you tired of Halloween yet? I love holidays, but by the time the day arrives I am usually ready for it to be over. I'm ready to put the decorations away and have my house back to its "normal" state of chaos. I"m ready to look to and plan for the next event on the calendar. And this year I'm really ready to not have to put the kids in their costumes and paint their faces again. 3 times in one week was just a little too much for me this year.
I do want to be that mom though. The one that makes holidays and birthdays fun and memorable for her kids. So I do what I can. I don't always succeed, but I try. Although I'm pretty sure a lot of what I do is more for me than them. In fact I'm pretty sure they don't care about half of it. Oh well.

Here is the trick or treating crew. Every year we meet up with Josh's sister Kory at their parents house and knock doors in their neighborhood. The neighbor across the street from them gives out full size candy bars. That's the real reason we go there!

L to R. Lexie, James, Logan, Gabe, Samm







Next on the calender...A birthday for James.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this year was great. All the costumes are going to be hard to top. I love having you all come to my house on Halloween. Now I am anxiously waiting for Thanksgiving.

Jennifer said...

The kids looked so cute in their costumes...Halloween is not one of my favorites...I get tired of the decor real fast...I do like fall though so I am happy now!

Seth and Julie said...

So cute! I love the face paint. I know what you mean. I want to be "that mom" too. I just want them to have good memories of their childhood. It is exhausting but I love it!

melissa said...

yes I agree, it feels like it has been halloween all week! Your kids look so cute! Good job with the make up! Avenley is already telling me that on halloween when she is four she wants to be Cinderella.

Lisa said...

Very cute!
Wyatt was the very same bumble bee too!

Becky said...

Cute eye make up on Samm, she made a beautiful fairy princess.

The Thompson Family said...

That is the cutest bubble bee I have ever seen and Samm looks so beautiful. It looks like they had a lot of fun. Love you guys!