Saturday, November 15, 2008

At a loss for words

It was 35 degrees outside this morning with a wind chill of 15 degrees. Do you think that stopped people from bringing items to donate? Do you think it stopped all of the fabulous people who worked the sale? Some for 10 hours. Do you think that stopped people from coming to the sale so they could donate to a very worthy cause.

Oh No!

I was once again amazed and inspired by the generosity in people. Most, complete strangers who had just heard from someone else about why we were raising money.

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

And most importantly, Thank You to Heidi for pulling it all together. Enjoy your day tomorrow without the phone ringing constantly. You earned it.

PS. We raised a little over $2,700! Amazing isn't it!?

10 comments:

Pepple said...

Yay, you and Heidi are AWESOME for putting this all together. Many many kudos to you both!!

Mamarazzi said...

FABULOUS!! i am so impressed with people's willingness to jump in and help where they can.

Mamarazzi said...

can you send me the code for the team becky button i would like to add it to my blog.

Anna-Kare said...

Congratulations on your success. I was thinking about you today and hoping it all went well.

Katrina said...

Wow! Great job. Still wish I could have been there and thought about the sale all day! So great that you're all there for Becky, as a church family should be!

Jenn said...

Wow! That is amazing! I hope the silent auction does just as well!

Kory Jane said...

It was all worth the wind burned faces and the post-nasel drip. I was very impressed with your organization with all of that stuff.

Seth and Julie said...

AWESOME! Even more than the money you raised, I bet Becky and her family appreciated the love and concern that you showed for her.

Real Life Roberts said...

So nice to be done with that huge event...I hope it was just a precurser to the auction!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, way to go Sally, I'm glad that there was such success. I hope and pray that this family is strengthened in this time of need. I'm sure you are an answer to many of those prayers from her and others like you who are so loving and willing to help