

Would like to announce...
Sparkly Square's 100th post!
~insert cheers from the crowd here~
I need to throw a shout out to my friend Kate who encouraged me to start a blog, my kids who give me something to blog about, all of you who for some reason actually care what I blog about, and of course to my husband who never gets jealous of the time I spend with the computer instead of him!
In all seriousness, some people consider blogging to be an idle waste of time, or just a reason to parade around our best selves. Which sometimes I will admit it is both of those things, but I have found it to be so much more than that as well.
It has been a way for me to stay in touch with family and friends, reconnect with old friends I haven't seen or spoken to in years, express my love for the four people I care most about in this world, and in so many ways it has inspired me to be a better mother. Sure, most of the time we blog about the good and not the bad, but is there really anything wrong with that. As long as were not pretending to be something were not than I say let's continue to inspire and gently remind each other of what a treasure it really is to have the hardest and most rewarding job there is. I know I need it.
And since this is a commemoration of sorts click here to read my very first post and find out why my blog is called Sparkly Squares.


8 comments:
Her Royal Cubbiness is SO cute! Even if she is peeing on the floor!
amen. i totally love blogs for all of those reasons. like for example, how well were you and i keeping in touch before blogging?! and i am acutally keeping a record of my life now--it's such a great journal. i agree that we have to be honest, and I also agree that it is inspiring to read others' perspectives, accomplishments, etc. congrats on 100 posts!
congrats
turning 100 huh great job and we can't wait to see you this summer!
I still remember your sparkly squares post. Has it really been 100? I love that she is peeing on the carpet. No wonder she looks so happy. I will see you tomorrow at the bake sale!!
Your blog brought back wonderful memories for me. Linne' used to stack the kids on top of each other and then pretend to jump on them. He would also wrestle on the floor with them all. Ours also ended up with someone crying but they really enjoyed it. Thanks for the recall Sally!!
I love the blog. It's fun to see picturs of the kids. Especially the peeing on the carpet! I'm glad the sale went well. What a sweet daughter I have!
Ha ya Samm really is always in charge. Oh I get that happy when i pee on the floor too :)
Post a Comment