Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Pajama day

Ever since Samm had pajama day at school a couple of weeks ago James has asked me almost every single morning if it was his turn to wear pajamas to school. I think they actually were going to have a pajama day sometime soon, but since he is no longer in school (did I ever mention that) we decided to have a pajama day at home.
I did finally give up at 3:00. One can only go about their day without a shower for so long you know. James and Macy held strong though until it was time to put on Halloween costumes for our wards annual trunk or treat at the church. Even then, James did have his on under his costume so I guess he is the winner.
It was really fun to just lounge around in our comfy clothes and chillax for a while. BTW, that is an actual word... but only if your 16. Thanks again for the lingo education David!
We did lots of tickling, raspberries on the tummy, telling secrets in each other's ears, and jumping on the trampoline. We even rode a train to Disneyland. And of course their was lots and lots of picture taking. James is my little photographer. Oh ya, there was also lots of "Mommy is starting to get really upset because your not listening to me."

James had to start building up his sugar tolerance before the trunk or treating.

Not the best picture of Macy, but she is finally on all fours!




Now this picture of Macy I LOVE! Look at those cute cheeks.

At one point Macy did get half way undressed.

So of course James immediately stripped his shirt off too.

James took this lovely picture of me in all of my un-showered glory.

Now don't think that all we did was play all day. Oh no, there was plenty of work to be done. Several loads of laundry to be washed and dried. I even folded all the clothes and put them all away. Usually they just sit in a pile on the couch for a while or stay in the dryer until I need them. I also cleaned both of the kid's bedrooms. Normally I make the kids do it themselves, but every once in a while the rooms are screaming out for Mom to come and rescue them.

Today was such a day.

When Samm was little I used to split her toys in half and rotate them every month. That way there wasn't so much clutter and she actually played with her toys more because she hadn't seem them for a while. I don't know when I got away from doing it, but I decided today that it was time to start rotating again. So I gutted out each room by throwing away all the broken junky toys and bagging up half of the rest. Some of the toys they do play with a lot I don't ever put up so it wasn't quite half of the toys that I put in the closet, but still a good amount.

It really was quite satisfying at the end of the day to see their rooms all nice and organized. I have to say though that by far my favorite part of it all was throwing stuff away. There is just something great about getting junk out of my house. I might even goes as far as to say that I get a little bit of a high from throwing stuff out...Ya I'm a little different. I know.

Trunk or Treating was fun too, but I had my hands a little too full to take pictures.

And can anyone tell me why I can't get the computer to put a space between my paragraphs? I'm about to get seriously ticked off.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh i bet you just felt delicious not showering til three ha, sounds fun though a pajama day, i'm kinda suprised that james didn't just wear his undies all day. Oh nice call on pulling him out of school by the way. and of course you are very welcome for the lingo lesson, nice use of the "chillax" I'm proud of you :)

Anonymous said...

P.S, I've been texting Sydni :P its pretty awesome

Kory Jane said...

I would also like to know what is going on with the spacing between my paragraphs. I just finally have given up. How did you end up getting them to stay?

Real Life Roberts said...

Whe I saw you at the trunk or treat, I sensed you were a little "hands full" and occupied, thanks to your very eventful and productive day! Anyway, good for you to have a pj day...you haven't been around my place enough to know pj days are all too common!

Keith said...

Are you pregnant?

melissa said...

Sounds like a fun day! I get on cleaning kicks to and it does feel so GOOD. I love kicking back when Im done and looking at how nice and organized and good smelling everything is. I don't think Beau likes it when I go through a "lets just throw this and this and this out" phase!

Mrs. Cropper said...

OK first of all there are a lot of days in which i don't put a brazier on until 3 p.m.

second of all, you are so pretty, sally.

third of all, your halloween costumes are AWESOME.

Jenn said...

I thought I left a comment, but it's not here. hmmm.

I love the picture of Macy crawling. She looks SO much like Samm. And also, have you been practicing in the mirror, because your smile looks great! :)

Dee dee said...

I have to make some comments on prior posts since I'm a little late. LOVE the Halloween costumes! You two look awesome. I hope Aunt Kare saw it. She always said Josh's feet reminded her of Fred Flintstone. And, no, you don't have to be pregnant to enjoy peace and quiet to finally get something done, even at 11:30 p.m.! Love the PJ day idea. I'm glad you had fun. My greates joy though is to hear that my kids are friends. :) <3 <3 <3

Danielle said...

yeah...almost everyday is pajama day for me...ha. Its more blogworthy for me to talk about the days that I actually pop right out of bed and jump right in the bath (I hardly ever take showers).

Anne's right...you are so pretty. And Macy's cheeks are just so smoochable and sweet!