Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Doctors orders...you may want to keep your distance

I'm having a slight skin problem right now. OK so slight is putting it mildly. Basically my entire stomach, back, and chest (and by that I mean my womanly chest) is extremely dry and peeling off like after the worst sunburn you've ever had. Except, no sunburn.

So, after two months of exfoliating, baby oil, and lotion, I finally decided to go see the Doctor. Her initial reaction was "Huh! Wow!" Obviously something she had never seen before. I guess most people don't shed their skin on a regular basis.

So sorry if this is grossing you out.

Anyway, her gut feeling is that I'm allergic to something. Very possible. So for an entire week she told me to go without using any soaps, oils, or lotions. Yes, you read that right, no soap. I'm on the rinse cycle only right now.

She didn't say anything about deodorant though so I'm hoping I don't smell that bad. Please be a true friend though and let me know if I do. I would sure do the same for all of you!

8 comments:

Kory Jane said...

I was pretty close to you yesterday and I didn't smell anything. Of course the smell of perm could have disguised just about anything.

Becky said...

Oh Sally I'm so sorry, just don't do any strenuous lifting. How can you don't use soap, I'm grossed out for you, not because of you.:)

Jenn said...

Well I'm either lucky I live in Colorado so I don't have to smell you, or you are unlucky that I live in Colorado and can't tell you if you smell, because lets be honest...most people wouldn't honestly tell you if you smelled.

Okay, I guess it's both.

The Thompson Family said...

At least you can rinse. I hope your skin stops peeling.

Lisa said...

I saw your skin. Personally, I think it is acid reflux disease! Inside joke! lol No really, I'm glad you went to the doctor. It looked miserable. You can stand next to me. I haven't used soap in a couple of days and I don't have a reason! Hey, I'm here for you!

Anonymous said...

wow, sounds brutal for you femenimity (totall just made that word up) hope stuff gets better, nice comment on the yes your womanly chest :p

Anonymous said...

Man Sally!! You didn't show me. You know the nurse in me would love to see it. Maybe you are just molting or shedding your summer skin and getting ready for the winter. Wow I just had a gross thought! Have you checked your bed sheets for flakes? Yuk!!!

Oh don't worry about smelling-it's been a bad year for allergies and most people's noses are not working.

Real Life Roberts said...

Hey Todd became a skin expert...wannabe dermatologist...when he went through a skin problem, I bet he can give you some advice. I'll get back to you.