(Lindsay, I thought about using your nickname in my title, but I didn't want any comments from crazy people accusing me of being racist! So I went with one I used to call her when she was little.)
6 Years Old!
She actually has to use both her hands now to show her age.
I know it's a little redundant to hear about how fast time goes when you have kids, but seriously it does! Samm has always been very mature for her age, and incredibly smart, so she has always seemed older than she really is, but now I feel like she really is older. And she is even more beautiful than she was last year, which I didn't think could be possible!
I have to admit, Samm and I didn't start out so good. She was a HORRIBLE baby. I actually remember sobbing one night when she was only a few weeks old because I felt like the worst mother in the world. At that very moment I actually wanted to take her to the hospital and give her back. She eventually grew out of her colic though, we began making her cry to sleep (the best thing we ever did for her) and we discovered that she was allergic to milk. So, after a couple of "what was I thinking" type months, Samm and I started over with our relationship.
Things are still rocky from time to time. We have very different personalities. Usually if we are in the car for more than fifteen minutes I have to enforce a no talking rule because the kid seriously loves to talk. But overall, she is the best kid anyone could ask for. She is so eager to please and really does tell me all day long how much she loves me. She hugs me throughout the day for no reason at all, and last week she folded an entire load of laundry for me just because she likes to be a good helper.
We love you Samm! I hope you liked your unicorn bash! It was fun for me, but now I'm exhausted and the house needs a serious scrub down. I think I've dug at least 7 sucker sticks out of the carpet already.
(I just got a random hug and kiss)
Making unicorn horns.

Unicorn Samm. I actually cut out, rolled together and glued those horns. Then I poked holes in the sides and tied on the elastic. It was a huge pain and so not worth it!

This pinata was very sturdy. I think all the kids had four turns before Josh finally just ripped it apart.

I waited until the last minute (literally) to get a cake, so my choices were limited. I'm pretty sure Samm didn't notice that the unicorns didn't match the frosting though.

We even had a few of the girls spend the night. This is Samm and her friend Savannah. I think the last one just finally fell asleep so I will be soon to follow.
And check out that adorable apron that Samm is wearing. It's reversible. Yes, I am actually jealous of a present that my 6 year old got. My friend Joni is just too cute. Check her out here.
And thank you Kory and Jeanette for all your help, I really appreciate it. And Josh too, you were awsome!
10 comments:
That was such a cute party. I am so happy that she loved the present that we got her. Nothing is getter than getting a present that someone really loves. And watching Macey is really something I enjoy. She is just so cute and sweet how could that be considered anything but fun.
I've realized that unless I can stay to supervise my boy child he won't be going to any more parties! I just can't trust his behavior! We even had a long lecture before we arrived, which with him, goes in one ear and out another. Happy birthday Samm
Looks like so much fun! Pretty creative on the unicorn horn. All I can say is, it's not going to be me in the high heals, dress, and curly hair making cupcakes....it's you! Okay, maybe both of us. We can bring back the fifties when housewives wore dresses and heels!
By the way, I loved samm's apron! So cute! Joni should start making reversible ones for adults too.
Sally - I think that you are just the greatest mom. No wonder Samm is always telling you that she love you. I love having Samm around - she carries a good conversation!!
She is so cute! I can't believe how fast she is growing up.
Happy Birthday Samm! She is a beautiful little girl.
Happy Birthday Samm! I love you so much! You do have a wonderful mommy. What a cute girly party. Also, the picture of Bella the cat. I had to chuckle because she looks like a vampire cat the way she glows. Good name!
It looks like Samm had a great birthday! The unicorn hats turned out really cute and Samm is a beautiful little girl.
oh Samm is so cute, ah i remember when she was born and i had to tell everybody her name was actually Samm and it wasn't short for anything. Now look at her. What an adorable neice. Great job on the party Sally, your a great Mama
Post a Comment