Thursday, October 23, 2008

I'm not feeling particularly bloggy tonight. In fact I'm a little grumpy. But, I still had to show off my "new" old carpenter's desk. I found it at a little flea market by my house and I'm very excited about it. I didn't actually love it at first glance, but the more I walked by it the more it captured me and I had to have it. Now I can't wait to paint it and put a cute little knob on the drawer.


The only problem now is that I actually have to decide on a paint color. I can't even decide what kind of ice cream I want when it's my birthday. Ugh! Any suggestions?

13 comments:

Becky said...

fI'm so boring, a distressed black. What a find, i'm a little green. What flea market did you go to?

shaun said...

I have a suggestion: go with three different kinds of ice cream for your birthday. I would go with Tillamook personally, but I don't know that you can find that in OK. Good luck.

P.S. nice desk too.

Lindsay said...

Keep the wood look and just sand and stain. It's one idea anyway...

BeauRollins said...

I agree with the staining. maybe something dark like mahagony or a dark cherry.

Jenn said...

I'm a fan of paint. I'd say color depends on where in your house you are putting it. Let me know so I can give a suggestion.

Kory Jane said...

I am so decorating challenged, I wouldn't even take my suggestion if I had one. But I love the desk, it will look great!!

Jenn said...

Okay, now that I know where it is....I wouldn't do stain, just because your couch is a dark leather, so you need some color in the room. I can't remember what colors are in your living room, but if it would work, I would do a blue or green.

Anonymous said...

I vote for stain. If you paint and then decide to remove it for the wood look, it is very hard. Ask your dad, I think he would have an expert opinion. Also go to my site and click on Sarah. She does furniture remodeling all the time and is very good at it. Just some suggestions.

Keith said...

What about BYU blue and white? We're going to need James on the team when he heads off to college...

Women Afire said...

I'm in a distressed black mood lately. But another idea would be to do stain with black accents. I just got a piece that I love - and having black pulls on it makes it so cute!
-Marzee

PS - we have a new family blog
www.zeezoo.wordpress.com

Women Afire said...

Oooooh - seeing the "green" comment. Totally cool - I saw somebody do a distressed green (way cute with the right color) - oh - and then you could age it further by putting a stain over it to give it that "antique" look. Mmmmmm, project anyone? Now I want to strip, sand, and paint!

-Marzee

melissa said...

I have seen a lot of distressed black and green these days. I would probably stain it a dark wood color cuz thats just what I like.

Real Life Roberts said...

I love the wood look in a DARK stain. If you can get it dark enough then do that...but if not then go for a black or espresso...you can add elements to put on top of it to bring out color.