
This morning as usual, I was exhausted by 9:30 am, so while my baby took a gloriously long 3 hour nap I took a little nap right along with her. Then after I picked up James from school I had the daunting task of taking him and Macy with me while I had some blood drawn. I should have done it while James was in school, but I wanted that nap pretty bad. Shockingly, it went fine. James didn't knock over anything and Macy never cried once.
Normally I wouldn't have pressed my luck any farther, but I must have been feeling adventurous because from the lab we went to Target to do a little grocery shopping. And you know what? There were no tantrums, no James running around crazy, and no screaming baby. I didn't even loose my temper once. In fact, I left the store feeling a little bit like superwoman.
And the rest of the day went like this...
Macy took another nap, Samm came home from school, I folded laundry, Josh called to tell me that he was coming home early, and we took the kids down the street to play at the elementary school while Josh jogged around the track and I pushed Macy in the stroller. Throw in a good hair day and a crock pot dinner and it was just about perfect. Too bad Mary Poppins didn't come by and snap her little fingers for me. As it stands, my house looks like a pack of wild Indians ran threw it.
I'm not going to complain though, not one little bit. This one in a million type day was an answer to the prayers of one very tired, overworked and underpaid mother. A small piece of Heaven to remind me why I keep plugging along day after tired day.


6 comments:
You ARE superwoman!!
I'm glad you had a good day! We all need a smooth day once in a while right? Your family is just so cute!
that is a "perfect day"! It's amazing what a nap will do! I'm so glad yo are sleeping better!!!
Can we trade days? My day was no where near that...Jared worked late the baby was cranky...was on the phone for two hours with the insurance co. trying to figure out things..I am so looking forward to a girls night out this week!
You have some of the best posts! Thanks for reminding me of the real tender mercies in life :)
I am so glad you had a good day! Believe this or not, but as you get older and the kids leave, you WILL miss even the days that the kids are rotten and all things go wrong. You can only experience this time of their and your life now. Unfortunately, there is no backing up. I love you Sally!
Post a Comment