On the way home tonight Josh and I were laughing at something Samm had said to us. Sometimes she talks more like a sixty year old than a six year old. Like when she asks her little friends if they would like to "join us for dinner". Then Josh made some comment about how he wished that there was somewhere to write down all the funny things she says....Hmm, I wonder what I could use?
OK, so I have to admit that sometimes I forget that this blog is for me and my family and not just to make other people smile and laugh or meditate over important topics. Nope, this is whatever I want it to be. So, from now on I am going to write down all the funny little, meaningless to other people things that my kids say and do. Because they do mean something to me.
So, what did Samm say that was so funny to us. And the key to that sentence is "to us." Well, Grandma gave her a little journal book right before we left her house and Samm was talking about putting stickers in it and so forth. Well, then we had to inform her that it was time for bed when we got home but if she wanted to she could write in it for a little bit in bed. Her response to that was...
"But what if Macy cries so loud and it disturbs my journaling!"
A genuine concern for sure, just not usually for a 6 year old.
Our grown up little girl also bore her testimony in Sacrament Meeting today for the first time. She asked me all on her own if she was allowed to go up and then asked the 2nd counselor if it was OK to bare her testimony. Actually she whispered it in his ear which was really cute.
Her testimony was sweet and pure. "I know this church is true! I know Jesus loves me and I love him too!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
I have been teased for blogging too much too...but, if there is a story that someone thinks is lame, they can skip it. I relate to Samm. I have lots of things that "disturb my journaling" so I am using a blog to express myself instead.
Blog about whatever you want...I LOVE IT! Samm sound very much like Alyssa, except that Alyssa would never be brave enough to share her testimony...GO SAMM!
I was so proud of her Sunday! Go Samm. What a sweet little girl. Every Fast Sunday morning, Hannah writes down her testimony,gets all psyched up, only to chicken out at the end. I think seeing Samm gave her some more confidence that she could do it too. Thanks Samm! :)
Dang it, I didn't even realize she bore her testimony. That must have been when I had to go to the bathroom. Sure I take Logan to make it look like he has to go, but in reality it is me who is about to pee my pants. I wish I could have heard it.
I was so proud of her. She was so sincere. I love talking to Samm, you can have an amazing conversation with her.
She definately sounds mature. More mature than when she said "smells like boob!"
How cute. It is amazing how strong testimonies are in little kids.
I LOVED her testimony, it was sweet and precious.
Post a Comment