Over the past few months I have been following the story of Stephanie Nielson and her family. It has been so reassuring to see the outpouring of love and support from people around the world. Complete strangers who are willing to donate money to their recovery and even more importantly all those who are praying for them. In a world where we are so bombarded with evil it has given me a renewed sense of hope that their are good people left.
There are other Stephanie Nielsons out there. They don't all wear red lipstick and have perfectly styled homes, but they are just as devoted to their families and are struggling through their own tragedies.
I would like to introduce you to my friend Becky. She is a self proclaimed chocoholic, and in her own words she is "just and ordinary mom trying her best to raise seven extraordinary kids."
Those of us that know her can testify that she is anything but ordinary. She is an exceptional mother, friend, and wife. She would do anything for her family or any one of her friends, but right now she needs us.
Her best friend, love, and her life is fighting hard in the final stages of cancer. We will be doing a silent auction right here on my blog very soon, and a large benefit garage sale possibly next weekend to help raise money for their beautiful family. Any one that lives is the Tulsa area and would like to help participate can contact me at sally.rollins@gmail.com
However, right now, right this minute, what she needs most our your prayers. Please pray for our beautiful Becky!
You can read all about Becky here.
You can read all about her superman here.
Saturday, November 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
I dont' live in the Tulsa area, but I'd still like to help if I can. Let me know.
Good post Sally. That is what I love about blogging. You get to see amazing, faithful people all over the country. I checked out Becky's blog and loved her instantly. I will include her in my prayers for sure.
I also noticed that she lived in Wisconsin before and I saw a link to my cousin's blog on her blog page. Small world!
Well said, Sally. I'm ready to help! Keep me updated on the details.
I will pray for her. I am a friend of Heidi Roberts and I live in Utah. Let me know how I can help. They are an amazing family that inspires me to be better.
Hi,
I only know Becky through blogging and her following some of my chocolate blogs (I bake and blog about it!). But ever since I found her a few months ago, my thoughts have been with her and her family. I just found out through comments on her blog and linking to yours that Duane has passed away. I would like to come to the services (I live in Kansas about four hours away). And since I bake, I would love to figure out how to donate goodies and/or be there. Please let me know if I can help, if even just from Kansas. Thanks.
Katrina
kevnkoi@hotmail.com or www.kevnkoi.blogspot.com
Post a Comment