Sunday, November 23, 2008

Holy cow, look who's 4 now!


It's him!

Grandma and Papa took him to breakfast Saturday morning and then to the store to pick out a toy. He already knew exactly what he wanted and he is loving it. There's also a certain other much bigger boy who is having some fun with it too!


I don't do a party with friends until they turn five, but we did have a little party with the cousins after church.

This is me showing off my Batman cake. To see more completely unnecessary pictures of this cake go here.

And this is our big boy blowing out the candles just as hard as he could.

Our little Bubba is so grown up now that we're not even allowed to call him Bubba anymore. It is strictly James now.

7 comments:

Jenn said...

Happy Birthday James! I can't believe it's already number 4! I remember so well him being born. More importantly, the day he got to come home from the hospital and I couldn't stop crying!

melissa said...

How cute! I can't believe he is 4 already either! That means Avenley and Lexi aren't too far behind! Good job on the cake

The Thompson Family said...

Happy Birthday James! The cake is so cute. It looks like he had a great time. Love you guys!

Seth and Julie said...

Happy Birthday. I always think it is so funny how close together all of our kids are born. We seem to be on the same track so please don't get pregnant again. Cute cake. Did you do the bat signal freehand? Pretty impressive. You mentioned that it is hard to get black frosting. If you get the paste coloring (at a bakery or craft store) it is easier to do.

Real Life Roberts said...

props on the cake! WOW! Happy days to the big 4 year old!

Anonymous said...

The cake not only looked great - it also tasted great. I love having the little b-day parties at my home.

Unknown said...

I have never left a comment on a blog before, mostly due to the fact that I don't ever look at them, but being here with Keith and Jenn we were looking at your blog and I felt so moved by James' plight to no longer be called Bubba that I just had to comment...I feel his pain!