Monday, November 17, 2008

Happy Days

My sister-in-law Kory posed a question on her blog last Thursday. What is your idea of a perfect day? My answer involved a day of no fighting between Samm and James, of course shopping, and watching my husband wrestle around with the kids. I don't know what it is, but something about watching him toss the kids around and hearing them squeal in delight makes my heart want to burst in happiness. I Love it! And if it's possible I think I love him even more for it.

Most of the time I just sit on the couch and watch, but tonight I actually got down on the floor too, which means that Josh was pulling double duty. Throw the kids around and protect Me from getting trampled on. James still forgets that Mom is much more fragile than Dad.

Poor Samm had to sit and watch from the kitchen table for quite a while because she wouldn't eat her dinner. It was chicken and stuffing for crying out loud, but she was throwing the biggest fit I have ever seen. And she usually throws a fit every time we sit down to eat. At one point she was wailing on and on about how if she sat at the table all night she wouldn't get to go to sleep and then she wouldn't be healthy. That was followed by "If I'm not healthy I might die. Please Mommy please, I don't want to die!" I think it made her even more mad that Josh and I were laughing hysterically at her.


Eventually though she just couldn't stand watching us have fun without her any longer. I think she had it all down in less than a minute.





I know I look a little bit drugged, but Josh and I don't take pictures together very often, so I wanted to post it anyway.

OK, and what is it about torturing our children that is so amusing?




I mostly played with Macy so I wouldn't get hurt, but even that didn't work out so good for me.

And this is what teething looks like at our house. Rosy red cheeks and a very runny nose. Don't you just love her big pirate tooth coming in up top.

Happy days indeed!

3 comments:

Kory Jane said...

How cute was that post!! I had to giggle about Samm and her I'm going to die comment. I can just see her sitting there in a state of distress. I am also reminding you of Thursday night!!!

Seth and Julie said...

I know that dinner fit all too well, unfortunately. You guys are all too cute together. I love happy families. There are too few of them these days.

Anonymous said...

Oh Sally - what an amusing post. Sure glad I wasn't there or Samm might just waste away cuz I'm a sucker with her tears. Gotta love the snot!!!