Teaching your children how to cook, or...
teaching them how to make Chocolate chip cookies!
If I actually knew how to cook or maybe even enjoyed it I might put that in the top 15 things I want to teach my kids. As it stands, it ranks more like number 675.
Cookies on the other hand, are a whole different story.
I of course learned the art of cookie making from my mother, and have been teaching Samm for a while now. So, yesterday I decided it was time to start Macy down the path of learning what a kitchen is really meant for.
And since it was Monday and we needed some sort of activity for Family Home Evening, it was the perfect opportunity.
PS. To any of you that we delivered cookies to. I'm sorry that they were a little underdone, and if there were any egg shells. I let Samm crack the eggs.

Macy thought she was pretty hot stuff.

Samm kept trying to sneak her fingers into the bowl when she thought I wasn't looking.

Gravitating towards the goodness.
James didn't really want to help make the cookies, but he sure showed up for the
important part.

Yep, it was that good.
So now, here is my other question. Just out of curiosity, what type of chocolate chips do you prefer? See my poll in the top right corner.
My husband is a milk chocolate kind of guy, but I think that is too much sweetness. And, up until just recently I have been a semi-sweet kind of girl. Now I am in love with the bittersweet chips. Yum!
So, we have a house divided.
Only time will tell what the kids prefer, but I'm pretty confident they will side with me.
Oh ya, and Go Jaguars!



11 comments:
Yum! I'm definitely a semi-sweet kind of girl (although I've never tried bitter-sweet. I'd bet I'd like them! I love dark chocolate!) Milk is way too sweet! They kind of make me sick when there in cookies. And I'm with you on the cooking thing. I've never been great in the kitchen and I pretty much despise cooking unless I'm making anything Mexican. Love me some salsa!
Your kids are cute!
Cute pictures! I'm not really much for cooking either! I just try to cook easy stuff or stuff that comes in a box. I'm sure my mom is disappointed :) I think milk chocolate is too weet in cookies, but I love them plain and in pancakes!
I was going to ask about the chips in the cookies, which were still absolutely delish! Did you use bitter sweet in some of the cookies? What ever you used the darker chocolate ones were hands down my favorite, ever.
ok so Becky got cookies, even Danielle got cookies and your favorite sister in law gets nada??? That means I will require a whole dozen at the next baking cause I know you use the good chocolate chips....;)
Becky-I did use bittersweet in half of the cookies.
Kory-I didn't take any to you because Danielle said you were going to be at her house. I will definitely make sure you get some next time.
Uh YUM! Macy is killing me in that first pic. Blaine has some egg shell problems, too. And he is SUCH a dough snitcher! So fun. I love bitter sweet chocolate, but have never used it in cookies. Will have to try. Usually semi-sweet. Milk?! Not a chance!
All you women are crazy!! Milk is the best for cookies and Dark is the best for plain. I miss you all very much while I am in the country. I think of you every day. I love you. Dad
I'm completely sold on bitter-sweet now, thanks Sally.
Hands down on the bitter-sweet. And um your mother-in-law has never had one of your cookies!!! I love that picture of Macy (the first one). I also like your title picture.
Love the new header picture! That's so cute!
ok so now we are even, although I only called my mom to tell her. I figured I would tell you on Sunday. You know I don't do well with phone conversations.....but that really isn't a good excuse. Is Josh able to come home this weekend?
Post a Comment