Saturday, September 27, 2008

Got bananas?

Don't just make banana bread, or even worse throw them out. Do something truly delicious and make monkey bars.

Why? Well for one thing they have chocolate chips in them. And, more importantly, they have bananas in them so you can totally justify eating it for breakfast.

This is a recipe that I got from my Mother-in-law when I got married but I always forget that I have it. Then, last week I had some over ripe bananas and a light bulb went off in my head. My kids gobbled them up so fast that I bought extra bananas this week just so I could make more.


Cream together: 3/4 C butter

2/3 C sugar

2/3 C brown sugar

1 egg

1 tsp vanilla

Add: 3 ripe bananas (mashed)

Mix well & Add: 2 1/4 C flour (generous cups)

2 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp salt

1 bag chocolate chips

pour in a greased 9 x 13 pan and bake @350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Cool then sprinkle with powdered sugar.

5 comments:

The Thompson Family said...

I just made some last weekend and they only lasted 2 days. I have to admit that I ate most of them. They truly are delicious. I shared this recipe with my old roommate and she won her ward bake off with it.

melissa said...

Beau and I have made those a few times. NOthings better than chocolate and bananas. yum

Dee dee said...

Those look good, I'll try them. Thanks. Cute kids too!

Jenn said...

I can attest to their yumminess. Delicious!

Becky said...

Yum! Thanks for sharing the love, oh and THANK YOU for a fabulous hair cut! Even my pont tails are cuter.