

I was sitting in the living room this afternoon watching the kids play and absentmindedly started thinking about how different the older two are and yet how similar they are in some ways. Then I wondered if Macy will be wide eyed and spirited like Samm or be goofy and sensitive like James. Probably something completely different.
I thought about the traits they inherited from Josh. They all have his beautiful lips. And the thin stringy hair both girls got from me.
It was kind of fun to compile this little list in my head, which then lead me to just start listing random things that were all about us.
Some of you may already know these things. Some of you may not.
Some of you may care. Some of you may not.
But since this is my blog and I think my kids would enjoy reading this some day. Here are some things you may, or may not want to know about our little family.
All three of our kids were born in different states.
Samm has a very large brown birthmark on her left cheek that was not present at birth.
James has a very small brown birthmark on the same cheek.
Josh sang to me on our first date. He also sang to me when he proposed.
James' answer to everything is "Because that's what boys do."
I was 18 when we got married.
Samm loves vegetables and her favorites are bell peppers and cucumbers.
James loves treats and can usually swindle Grandma into giving him three instead of just one.
Macy's favorite song is I am like a star shining brightly. It calms her down.
When I first met Josh I thought he liked my long time friend and roommate Kate.
Samm tells me at least five times a day "I love you Mom. Your such the sweetest Mom ever."
Josh prefers to be called Joshua but no one, including myself, ever calls him that.
James is obsessed with video games.
My Dad built the temple that Josh and I were sealed in. My Grandpa sealed us.
I have to special order Samm's ballet shoes because she has her Dad's extra wide feet.
Macy adores James and laughs hysterically when he jumps up and down.
I steal all of my sisters fashion secrets and jump all over her hand-me-downs.
Josh was accepted into nursing school, but with some gentle nudging from me decided to follow his dream of becoming a Doctor. The same day he withdrew his application from nursing school, he found out he had been awarded a full scholarship from the Dean and her husband.
Macy is way more attached to me than the other two were and cries if I even try to put her down for two seconds.
Samm prefers to dress up her stuffed animals in baby clothes instead of playing with dolls.
James has worn his spider man suit to bed every single night for the last two weeks.
And, recently we acquired a cat to deal with our ever growing mouse population. It's our second attempt at a pet. (not counting the fish) Her name is Bella, but we pretty much just call her Cat.



11 comments:
I love your list!!! Have I told you recently that I am so glad that you married my son? Well incase I haven't - I am SO glad that you married my son!!!
I love the list too! It would just be wierd to start calling him Joshua now:)
Cute post Sally! I enjoyed learning some things about you all. It is funny how siblings can be so different and alike at teh same time. I love seeing how things get passed on. and I think its kind of wierd how even things that aren't physical can be passed on. Av is so much like me its scary... The only thing mine have in common is that they both have Beau's ears and toes lol. Wow, long comment...
That was so cute...It was fun reading your list...What a great idea...I don't know if I could come up with something cute like that...
It looks like your cat is glowing, maybe James rubbed off his super human powers to her somehow.
Bella? I wonder where you got that name!
I'm assuming since you only have two sisters, and the other one isn't too big into fashion, that you were refering to me. The truth is, I steal my secrets from you too!
And lastly, your cat looks like it was a black and white picture photoshoped into that picture. Kind of freaky looking.
P.S. in case you couldn't tell from my comment, I GOT THE INTERNET!!
Cute post Sally. I especially like that James has slept in his spider man outfit for the past two weeks. I also love your cat. She is really pretty.
ha, really he likes joshua better? news to me. Wow, bella, clever name :p yup macey is deffinetly a mama's girl. oh and the best part of my summer was TOTALLY that i got to see you twice. Love ya sally
I guess I should clarify. While I am a Twighlight fanatic, Bella is actually the name that the cat came with. We got her from a girl in the ward who is getting married soon and couldn't take the cat with her.
Way cute Sally - love this post! How old are the kidlets? And 18? I remember hearing you were getting married, and us being the same age - you'd think I'd remember. I was barely twenty when Jon lassoed me in. (Ha - the dance move just popped in my head - good one.)
-Marzee
P.S. Go to the site and email me at the womenafire email (find it in submissions) - so that I have your email address and I'll send you some family pics that we just took.
Me again - PSS? You're a Twilight fanatic too?!!!! Gotta tell you - I started womenafire because of it. And something funny - Tabitha drew me a picture for my birthday - not knowing what it was, I asked - and she told me it was me with all of the Twilighters. Pretty bad when your 5 yr. old knows what "Twilighters" are.
Also - I got Jon to read it with me (we have the 4th one to read together still) - and one day - as he was leaving for work, he tussled his hair and said, "Does my hair look as good as Edwards?" And of course I responded, "Edward doesn't even compare, baby!" LOVE, LOVE, LOVE TWILIGHT! Oh - and I got to go to the filming when they were here. Sorry, I'll stop now. Email me!!!
-Marzee
Post a Comment