There are few things that put me in a bad mood faster than piles of stuff and useless junk laying around my house. And yes dear, I put your Dickies in one or both of those two categories, which is why they are no longer with us.
This especially comes into play with family heirlooms. If you really want to honor your loved ones than use it, display it, or give it to someone that will!
So, when my Mom told me that she had some of my Grandma's jewelry for us girls to look through, I was a little bit concerned. I didn't want to hurt my Mom's feelings by not taking anything, but I didn't want stuff that was just going to sit at the bottom of a jewelry box either.
Turns out, my Grandma had a thing for gaudy silver jewelry... So do I!
Then she brought out some of my Great Grandma's jewelry. She had a huge thing for butterflies... Me, not so much.
However, there was this one silver pin that I wanted as soon as I laid eyes on it. The trick was that my Mom kind of wanted it too.
I wanted it more.
Sorry Mom!
So today I wore my little butterfly pin to church. Not on my shirt though....
In my hair!


Thinking of you Grandma!


4 comments:
And it looks so pretty!!!
Love it! There is only one thing I love more than fabric, and that would have to be vintage jewelry. When my Aunt and Grandma passed, I got several pieces that I wear all the time. Your Grandma would be so pleased. :)
I noticed that in your hair Sunday. Very cute!
Sally - The butterfly is totally cute! (Do you even remember me - friend of the Edwards'?) Found your site through Amy - and instead of just lurking - thought I'd say "Hi!" Fun to see you. Looks like you've been busy - babies, babies! Me too. Married 7 years now and have three 5 (G), 4 (B), & 16 months (B). I'll try to check in here and there. Come visit me sometime (blogstyle and all).
-Marzee
Post a Comment