Monday, September 22, 2008

Fun Fall Fingers for F.H.E

I was doing some frantic online searching this weekend for unicorn party supplies. Samm's birthday always sneaks up on me and this year she asked for a unicorn theme, which is not readily available in stores.

Anyway, while I was searching, I got a pop-up add from kaboose.com about a fun fall craft to do with your kids.

And, since it is Monday and I've only been husband less for one day I thought my patience level could probably handle a messy craft for F.H.E.


The kids really had a great time. Well, not Macy. She cried the whole time from her high chair, but she always cries if I'm not holding her so that was to be expected. So, if you need a fun activity for next week I would definitely suggest making a fall hand print tree. All you need is some craft paint and paper.
I think it's all pretty self explanatory, but if you have any questions feel free to ask. (the leaves are red, yellow, and orange, and they dot them with their fingertips.)



I had to try really hard to not be anal about where the kids were putting there leaves. Especially since James just wanted all of his to be on the ground. Overall I think they turned out really cute. Samm is already talking about what our winter trees will look like.

And of course there was treats after!

6 comments:

Quin's momma said...

Way, way too cute!

modern myrtle home said...

You are such a fun mom! Give yourself a big pat on the back.

Kate said...

Those are really cute! I'm stashing this idea away for later!

Becky said...

Those are my favorite decorations! Every christmas are house is decorated with years worth of handprint trees, reindeer, wreaths, etc. Love the fall tree, maybe I'll get it together enough to make a few.

melissa said...

Cute trees! I tend to skip over a lot of the painting activities with the kids, but they really do love them!

Natalie said...

I love love love the pictures. You should frame them! I just looked at your last couple bogs and I am shocked and amazed at the skirt transformation. That's awesome.

You guys look like you're having so much fun! Tell the kids hi from Uncle Keith and Aunt Natalie :)