Now, with graduation only months away and Italian beaches in sight, one of us is wanting to loose some weight, and one of us is wanting to turn our flab into muscle.
We've both done the basic diet and exercises before and while the results are good, the motivation just doesn't last very long. So this time I set up a sort of checks and balance system.
As far as the working out goes, Josh isn't allowed to get online with his brothers to "veg" after a long day until he has been on the treadmill, but if I don't cook dinner than he doesn't have to exercises. This keeps him working out and me cooking healthy meals for our family. So far it's working great and I am definitely feeling much better. Today my legs feel like jello, but I love it.
OK, here is my favorite part. One of the biggest problems we both have is our snacking. I eat a lot of sugar loaded crap and Josh tends to eat too much. So the solution to both our problems is the snack box.

I bought a few snacks that were already in the 100 calorie packs and then chose some other low fat snacks that I could separate into portions myself. It definitely surprised me how small some of the portions really were. Another testament that most Americans over eat.*Side note- if you plan on doing something similar to this you will need a small food scale because most of the portions are in ounces. I think I got mine at Wal-Mart for pretty cheap.
Now, when it is snack time I can pull out some cut up veggies from the fridge and one item out of the snack box. Not only is it helping us to be healthier, but I think the box is pretty cute so it also makes me smile.


8 comments:
Great idea, Sally! And I agree...very cute, too!
I recently started snack buckets for my kids. Each child has their own bucket with their own snacks. After I go the the grocery store we divide up the granola bars and that's it. If you eat all your granola bars the next day, then you have no more snacks for the rest of the week. It gives everyone a fair share, so I don't end up with one child eating everyones share. It also helps the kids to learn to ration their snacks. It's been a good system for us the last couple months. Good luck.
sweet idea girl. That will really help Josh I think. And yes those portions make you realize how much more you are eating. Try measuring a brownie and you will be shocked at how small that thing is. Good luck with everything. I am a little jealous of Itay...take lots of pictures.
I have been wanting to count out 100 calories too! It is such a smart idea, and the box is really cute. Way to go sally.
Those 100 calorie packs make me want to cry. Some of them barely have enough food in them to get enough in my mouth to chew. Paying attention to calories definitely makes me see how much I overeat. Portion control is all out of whack in this country, but I am not quite ready to change. Maybe for Italian beaches I would reconsider...LUCKY! But hey, you've earned it. Have Fun!!!
How fun! What made you choose Italy? I am jealous and hope you guys have a blast. You deserve it. Love you guys!
Are you going soon?? That's a good idea. It is crazy when you read the serving sizes!
I hope that Sunday dinners are not included.
Post a Comment