Friday, January 1, 2010

In a completely backward and random order...

here are the rest of my pictures from our trip to Colorado.


Most of what we did involved being in the snow. Skiing (my first time ever) , sledding, and fort building. The rest of the time was spent playing games, reminicing, eating, and of course Sally's traveling hair salon.

After our run down the hill together. Macy wasn't so sure about all the snow that got blown into her face.
Samm took a different approach to sledding.

Crawling in the snow cave Dad made.


Proudly showing off the snow fort with Aunt Krista.



"Hey Mom, can I put my face in the snow?"

"If you really want to."

Building snow forts is REALLY hard work!

Josh digging out the snow cave

This is actually what Josh did most of the time, breaking only occasionally for a bowl game!


Snow ball fight with Uncle Chris.




The Christmas morning walk.
Ahh, the loveliness that is Christmas morning! But hey, check out my new bag!!
James was pretty excited about getting a "bone and arrow."

Macy decided to help herself to Ava's dress up clothes.


More fort building with Grandpa.

And more sledding of the non emergency room variety!



It was a fantastic way to spend our Christmas vacation!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Pics Sally. I love the snow, that is just looking at the snow. (Especially when grandkids are in it). We still have a backyard full of it. So glad that you had a great time with your family. I know that you don't get to see them all that often. I am also glad that you guys are back!!!

Amy said...

so jealous! what a fun place to spend Christmas too!

Kory Jane said...

I love your blog. I never fail to giggle at least once. Thanks for sharing. Looks like it was a great Christmas for you guys.

Lisa said...

Really good pics, Sally! Looks like a ton of fun!

melissa said...

Cute pics, looks like you guys had a nice vacation! Macy looks grown up!

Unknown said...

You're welcome for saving you a step by me taking you right to the slope and skipping the bunny hill. You're better off by having done that! :-)

Seth and Julie said...

How fun! You guys had a ton of snow! Looks like it was an awesome Christmas.

I hope Josh found a really good book and that wasn't sudying that I saw. Yuck for studying over Christmas!

Ria said...

When John was in grad school the only time he EVER read a novel was over Christmas break. Hope Josh enjoyed his reading time.