Thursday, January 7, 2010

How cold is too cold?

Apparently in Oklahoma it is 12 degrees, because that is when they shut down school. Seriously, no school today or tomorrow and last time I checked my kids still went to school inside a heated building. So, the wind chill is -2, big deal. Are there really parent's out there who are not smart enough to bundle up their kids for the bus stop?

Sadly, I already know the answer to that.

So, what do we do when there is no school and we aren't about to leave the house? Nothing terribly exciting, but I took pictures anyway.

Macy was happy to simply be naked and empty contents from one bag to another.





James played his little video game heart out.




Samm played on the computer






And when all that got old and there was energy to burn, I turned on the treadmill and let them have all the crazy fun they wanted. That is until James got a wicked treadmill burn on the side of his foot. And then an hour later they were asking to do it again.







I'm thinking tomorrow we will do it all again. Including the whole uncombed hair bit.

5 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

Ha,Ha...I love the treadmill rides. I should try that since my treadmill doesn't get any other use.

We had a snow day today and actually had less snow than we usually need to get a snow day, but whatever, I love not having to put the 50 layers of clothes on the kids.

As for too cold...if they are going to cancel school just for cold here, with no snow, it has to be under 30 below. Funny, because my sister in law in TN gets school cancelled if it hits 30 degrees. That's a 60 degree difference so apparently there is no consensus out there on what is TOO cold.

Oh, and I didn't brush my kids' hair today either.

Ria said...

We have to have a wind chill of minus 20 to cancel school. They rarely cancel for snow unless the wind is blowing hard so the buses can't run on the country roads. Once it gets cold enough the oil in the buses congeals and they can't run the buses at all.

Amy said...

Sadly, many kids don't have coats warm enough for that cold of weather or they don't have coats at all :( It's so sad. In the mean time let the kids enjoy having no school by being naked and getting treadmill burns. p.s. love the new floor.

Kory Jane said...

Here I thought that we would be enduring that kind of weather, and we have actually been warmer than you guys!! Who would have thought huh? The whole uncombed hair thing is an everyday occurance at my house. Hope you survive today. Love you.
Oh and I do love the new floor. Looks very nice, will help your house sell quicker I think.

melissa said...

Looks like a fun day! We used to play for hours on my gma's treadmill. Someone always got hurt, but it was so fun!