Sunday, November 1, 2009

A Halloween question

Several of the men handing out candy had no idea who Samm was supposed to be. Even after she told them she was Rapunzel they still had blank stares on their faces. So...

Do any of you ladies know who James is?


And some Halloween 2009 info...

  • Macy's witch hat never got finished so we settled for an orange bow and figured that was better anyway. What 2 year old actually keeps a hat on.
  • Watching Macy run after the older kids and say "trick or treat" was the cutest thing ever.
  • Samm told me at least four times "I wish Logan and Gabe were here (their cousins who just recently moved away) It would be a lot more fun with them!"
  • Dad was absent this year so Grandma Betty, who Macy has started calling waki for some reason, came with us and pulled the kids in the wagon for two hours. Thank you for saving me Betty!
  • James randomly decided to ask a very old lady if she had any kids. "No" she responded. So he asked "do you live alone?" She replied "well, I have a husband." That satisfied him so he said "OK" and ran off.
  • Samm loves Hershey's chocolate. Cheap chocolate is not acceptable!
  • James' plastic bucket breaks when it gets so heavy that he drops it.
  • Macy would not let anyone else hold/touch her bucket. When it got too heavy for her to hold I had to rip it out of her fingers so I could dump the candy into something else.
  • We now have enough candy to last until next year, but it will be gone by next week because I'm one of those irresponsible moms who just let's their kids have their candy to eat as they please. They earned it!

8 comments:

Pepple said...

The costumes are SO cute Sally! Did you make James'? If it makes it feel any better hardly anyone knew who Alice in Wonderland is. I was shocked that only one of Victoria's friend had any idea who she was.

Seth and Julie said...

James is something from Star Wars, I think? I am not into anything SciFi but he looks familiar. They all look cute. Macy looks so pretty, more like a big girl than a baby in that picture.

Don't feel bad, I let my kids overdo the candy for a few weeks too. I want them to eat lots of it so that it is gone and we don't have to deal with them acting like crack addicts for longer than is necessary.

Sally said...

No, I didn't make James' costume. I was going to, but I had no idea how I was going to make the helmet. Of course he only wore it for the picture than didn't want it any more.

Jenn said...

I've been contemplating the last few days whether it's better to just let the kids eat their candy quick or not and I have come to the conclusion it is. Just get it over with and out of the house! Also, OF COURSE I know who James is!!! He's from Star Wars!! (by the way, Chris WOULDN'T know who James is....he's never seen Star Wars).

All the kids looked super cute!

melissa said...

Cute costumes. I didn't know who James was, but Beau did and Beau also knew who Samm was.

Anonymous said...

I had a great time! Maybe Josh will be gone next year too. If he is here, I will have to be like my neighbors and sit outside in my decorated driveway. I will need more than my bone for a costume though.

Natalie said...

You're such a fun mom Sally. Love the costumes they're all so cute. Did you make Samm's whole costume?

Dee dee said...

James is Luke Skywalker. Very cute. You did a great job on Samm's costume. Very impressed.