I think it started last week with my speeding ticket. My first one ever. A few days later I had one of those days where you go out to run errands but forget to bring an extra tampon with you. Then after running all those errands you notice a big booger hanging out of your nose. So fun!
Then, yesterday I took a huge chunk off the top of my knuckle while cutting hair, and today Macy shattered a glass on the floor and it sliced open the top of her toe. And her blankie has mysteriously disappeared making nap time very unpleasant.
So ya, I've been a little down. But, yesterday I got a package in the mail and I LOVE GETTING MAIL! It brightened my day right up. It was a box of my Grandma's things I had picked out while I was home for my sister's wedding but wasn't able to take back with me. I was totally giddy opening it.
A few of my treasures: A necklace, and a set of dish towels hand embroidered with my Grandma's initials.
Wooden spools of thread. Most of them still in plastic.
Lot's of velvet ribbon, just waiting to make beautiful packages.
And this pretty lady. She makes me smile!


5 comments:
I love mail and it sounds like it came at exactly the right moment. The extra tampon debacle can ruin a perfectly good day every time.
I meant to ask on the last post where Josh got his residency or is that finalized yet?
That ribbon will be so fun for Christmas wrapping! I'm glad something came along to cheer up your week.
Sorry about the speeding ticket. That sucks. I am glad that you had something to brighten your day. You deserve it. Miss you.
That was an awesome package!!! It would brighten my day, too!
What????? A speeding ticket - I need to get the full version. Oh yeah - great present, I love surprise packages.
Post a Comment