Well guess what. Someday is officially a bad word at our house, because some day is not for another six years.
And today, because my husband is never home I spent my afternoon hauling dirt from the side of our house to the swamp we call our backyard.
Yes, that is actually our backyard. It's horribly embarrassing and disgusting.
Please keep in mind though that we bought this house as a fixer-upper. We've just spent the last three years fixing up the inside and ignoring the outside.
So, after I moved all the dirt we had which wasn't nearly enough, I moved on to this muddy mess, also known as mosquito heaven.
Are you grossed out yet? I am!
Does it sound like I'm complaining too much? I mean I am a little bit, because really who wants to spend their afternoon hauling dirt, but I really do enjoy the satisfaction of doing something myself. I just wish it wasn't such a muddy project.
Oh, and I do have a question. Should I even bother to put down grass seed on all the bare spots now or just wait until spring?


6 comments:
I would plant the seeds now. it will come in now, but will be thicker in the spring too. At least that's been my experience.
seed now so it can root. your winters are relatively mild and it will come back with firm roots next year before the heat hits.
I remember Lorie telling me one time that she didn't think it was worth it.
Wow!! I am impressed. You were hauling dirt with the wheelbarrow all by yourself? I am so very proud of you. Now if we can just get that lawn mower started huh? Hopefully next spring and summer your backyard will actually need to be mowed. Where are the pictures of your finished kitchen? I am dying to see it.
I was definitely not cut out to be a military or med student wife. I don't get along with dirt very well. Good for you miss independent woman!
By the way, why do you have 6 more years? Isn't residency only a couple years?
Also, I'm with Kory. I want to see the kitchen all put together. Just sit in there and look at your pretty new stuff, never mind the yucky stuff outside.
Go Sally!!! I'm very impressed!
P.S. I want to see the finished kitchen too, is it officially done, yet?
Post a Comment