Tuesday, September 29, 2009

And I wouldn't change her for the world

This weekend Josh and I had the rare treat of attending Samm's soccer game together. I'm pretty sure most of the other parents had assumed I was a single Mom.

I thoroughly enjoyed having a second set of eyes with me to keep up with the game and the other two kids running around. Josh however was frustrated.

Samm, who is bigger and faster than most of the other dainty little girls on her team, was completely content to trot along beside the group and play with her gum instead of pushing her way in and attacking the ball.

James sat glued to Josh's side because two smaller boys were playing a game involving throwing soccer balls and he decided it was not his type of game.

How could a man who was born a naturally aggressive athlete father two completely unaggressive children?

"Well, they're aggressive at home" I reminded him. "And you still have Macy."

He was not happy though and continued to argue that genetically they should be aggressive.

Finally, after apologizing several times for giving our children my easy going, non- competitive DNA, I said "Honey, she's a dreamer!"

Her imagination runs wild all day long, and late into the night which is the main reason she can't fall asleep. And when she wakes up in the early morning hours it picks right back up again. So when I get up in the morning I find paper towel pictures like this on the refrigerator.


Evil Cameron locked princess Samm in the tall tower and James has come to rescue her.

Five minutes later she was pretending to be a mother cat.

4 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

Whenever you blog about Samm I can't help but think that her and Alyssa would be two peas in a pod.

And Josh, my 7 year old can't peddle a bike, even with training wheels. Do you feel better now?

Kory Jane said...

We have enough aggression in this family...we need more dreamers. I say keep the dreaming alive. The world would be more peaceful that is for sure.

Thor'sblog said...

It’s so funny because we are in the same boat, Mayson towers over all the other girls but she just runs beside the other players and asks if she can hold their hands. Ashlynne is fast really fast but she spends her time waiting for the group to get in front of her and then sprints to catch them and then stops to wait again. She kicks the ball maybe once if it happens to squirt out to her while she’s waiting.

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

haha...this post warms my heart!
I can imagine the mother cat, so cute~