Wednesday, September 30, 2009

It's not like you've never done it!



I've mentioned before that I'm redoing parts of my kitchen, that I'm trying to level out our backyard with dirt and plant grass seed, and that I practically cut down a forest in the backyard as well. But have I mentioned yet that I'm painting the outside of our house?

Yes I realize the practical thing would be to start and finish one big project before moving on to the next but I just don't roll like that OK.

Anyway, we've also had sick kids. Yesterday morning I went in to get Macy and found Monday nights dinner in bed with her. Today I walked in the house from dropping James off for his afternoon pre-k class and the school nurse called to inform me that Samm had a fever and needed to be picked up. Could she not have called five minutes earlier?

I'm really not complaining I promise. Well, maybe about the puke, but as far as all the outside work goes I wanted to do it.

I've been living in ponytails and t-shirts for the last two weeks though. The only days I put on makeup were Sunday.

Then, this afternoon while I was sitting down taking a little break my nose started to run. And you know what? I turned my head, grabbed my shirt, and wiped my nose. Right there on my sleeve. Seriously!

I resolved right then that I would shave my legs later in the shower. Maybe tomorrow I should paint my toenails too. Just to be safe.


PS. My sister is doing a fun little giveaway on her blog. Hop on over HERE to check it out and enter.

2 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

I remember when I was a kid and my mom would wipe my nose with her hand and then wipe it on her own pant leg. I thought that was just disgusting, but I admit that I have now been in a pinch and done the exact same thing.

So don't worry, at least you were only wearing your own slime.

Jenn said...

Oh, I loved the last post about Samm being a "dreamer". So cute!
It's too bad you didn't have a kid around you when you wiped your nose. I always wipe the gross stuff on them instead of myself. my poor kids!