Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Share with me, I'll share with you, cause sharing is the thing to do.

I know I've said this before but I'm going to say it again.

I hate cooking!

To me, there is absolutely nothing fun about it. It's at the end of the day which means I have no energy left. Macy has decided she no longer wants an afternoon nap so she is extra whiny and clingy. Samm and James are bouncing off the walls. And, by the time dinner is done my feet and back are aching and Samm has come into the kitchen at least five times to complain that she doesn't like what I'm making. So what does all that mean.

It means I don't cook very often.

The kids actually love it because they end up getting cereal or mac 'n cheese. But I do feel really bad that Josh has to come home from a very long day and fend for himself. He never complains though. He's great like that!

So, in my efforts to be a better home maker I have found myself relying on my handy dandy crock pot. Not only do I love that my house smells yummy all day, but I'm also able to think about dinner without having a panic attack.

I really could use some more recipes though. I thought about buying a crock pot recipe book, but I hate having to try all of them to find the good ones. So, here is where the sharing comes in.

Anyone and everyone, please email me your favorite crock pot recipes to sally.rollins@gmail.com from now until Sunday. Then, starting Monday I will post one a day on this blog to share the goodness with all of you.

Sound good?

10 comments:

Lisa Anguiano said...

I have a few recipes that I will send u. I love my crockpot especially when it's really hot outside! I think I might have a book with crockpot recipes I'll try to find it! But any ideas that u can share about cooking are great cause I love learning new recipes! Cooking is fun for me, it's the cleaning up part that I hate!

Kate said...

Oh my gosh you couldn't have said it more perfectly! I despise it too! But I hate that I hate it. Cause I want to eat good food, but the preparation is the worst! My friend who LOVES to cook says the key is to start early in the day. Decide what you want to make and do little preparations throughout the day when your kids are clingy and whiny. And on the days I do this, it really does make all the difference. (That's why crock pots are so wonderful, so you're on the right track). I'll see what I can find and email it to you... and great idea for sharing them, cause I need help in this department too!

Seth and Julie said...

I LOVE to cook. But I totally agree with you about cooking with 3kids. Bu 5:00 everyone, especially me, is watching the clock waiting for Seth to get home and the kids are tired and whiny. Tough conditions for cooking. I do love my crockpot though. I wish I knew more recipes too but I will try to think of some to e-mail you.

Seth and Julie said...

I meant by, not bu.

Also, one more thing. Don't feel bad about mac n cheese or cereal for dinner. I cook almost every night and my kids usually tell me they would rather have "free day" which is what we call it on the days they get to pick what they want...usually something like cereal, mac n cheese, corn dogs...
I don't know why I bother cooking. It would be cheaper and easier to have free night every night.

Lisa said...

I HATE COOKING TOO! The easiest thing I do in the crockpot is to buy a pork roast and pour a bottle of barbeque sauce in there and cook it on low for hours. It is very yummy and doesn't get any easier.

Pepple said...

We go through phases where I use the crock pot a lot. When I am really organized I take a day and have a huge cooking spree and cook a month's worth of meals and toss them in the freezer. So all I have to do is thaw and cook at dinner time. I love this site www.recipezaar.com for crock pot dinners. Just search crockpot, then sort them by rating and all the 5 star dishes come up first. I have never had a 5-star that wasnt really yummy!

Dee dee said...

When I worked from a menu I was the least stressed about dinner. It helped because I shopped for all the ingredients so I wasn't having to "invent" dinner with what I had on hand. Also, since I knew what I was having the meat was defrosted and I knew what needed to be started when. I keep telling myself I want to go backt to those days (before computer crashed and I lost all my menus and shopping list) Anyway, it takes some organizing, but worth it in the long run!

Jenn said...

Great idea. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's recipe's.

Jeanette said...

Sally!!!
1 pkg boneless skinless chicken thighs
1 bottle Head Country BBQ sauce
1 can Pinapple rings cut into chunks

cook on low for about 6-8 hours and serve on top of rice!
One of our favorites! :)
I know you said email it, but it was too easy to write down here!

Anonymous said...

Sally - I have several crockpot recipe books that you can borrow and then you can let me know which ones are the best!!! I also love the crockpot.