- To do lists
- Grocery lists
- What my little bit of money can buy lists
- Wish lists
- pros and cons lists
- Project lists
- Possible vacation activities lists
I can't help myself. I love to make lists. It helps me to feel just a little bit organized in my world of chaos.
Do you know what my very favorite list to make is??? If you paid attention to the title of this post you should know. Yes, that's right. It's my yearly Christmas list. The one where I write down everyone that I will be buying gifts for. I love it!
I know it seems quite a bit early to be thinking of that, but I was so inspired by everyone who handmade all their gifts last year that I decided to do the same for 2009. Did I forget to mention that I am a terrible procrastinator?!!! It is for that very reason my list has already been created. By the way, if anyone in mine or Josh's family wants to know who they have this year just email me. I wrote down the names from last year and then rotated everyone down one. This way we can always know ahead of time who we will have and you won't have a repeat name.
Anyway, back to my ramble. I am so excited for Christmas this year. Not only because making gifts year round means I should be done by October (just in time to make Halloween costumes) but because I actually get to spend Christmas with my entire family for the first time in a very long time. And that makes me quadruply excited.
So, I have already thought of a few ideas for the adults on my list and for the kids, but I sure could use a few more. Please share any of the clever things you made last year?
Obviously I can't make every gift for my kids. Well, I could but they probably wouldn't enjoy Christmas that much. So, I've also decided to do year round clearance shopping. I made my first purchase today. $25 marked down from $70. Not bad eh?


5 comments:
Smart cookie there Sally! Last minute shopping just sucks the fun and joy right out of Christmas. Maybe you'll inspire the rest of us.
I am glad that you are so excited for Christmas. Can't say that I'm that excited because I sure will miss you guys Christmas Eve. I know that your family will really appreciate the chance to be together. We will have to do the program before you go. After all, Samm is already preparing for it.
How fun! You are just becoming quite the crafty lady! :) My sister made Family Journal Jars for each family. I really enjoyed them! She decopaged pictures of that particular family on the jar and then mad a cute design for the top that was particular to that family and filled it with slips of paper that had questions you could answer as a family or individually and record in a family journal or your personal journal! It took some thought and some time to get all the pictures together, but they were fun! :) Good luck!
I don't have any idea's for you right now. sorry. But I just have to say that I am also very excited to spend Christmas with our family!!
All that list-making is SO ME. You should see my planner--it is out of control. I can't help myself, though!! I totally agree about starting Christmas shopping/making now. Otherwise it's suddenly November and we're up a creek!
Post a Comment