Monday, February 16, 2009

Crock pot extravaganza week day 1

Thank you everyone that sent in recipes. And for those of you who didn't..Shame on you. Just kidding, there is still plenty of time and I would love to get them from you. email your recipes to sally.rollins@gmail.com

ps. If you want to hear me brag about myself go here

This recipe was sent in by Becky and I am heading to the store today to get the ingredients. It sounds delicious! Thanks Becky

Ingredients:
2 pounds dry pinto beans1
lg. onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, crushed
2 4 ounce cans chopped chilies
1 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
4 pounds pork roast
1 1/2 teaspoon oregano
1 1/2 tablespoon salt
1 1/2 tablespoon cumin

Directions:
Place beans, roast and all other ingredients in crock pot. Cover with water and simmer covered until beans are tender and meat falls off bone (10 hours on low). Remove all bone and fat from meat. Return to beans and cook uncovered until thick.

Serve over corn chips with grated cheese, chopped onion, chopped tomato, chopped olives, chopped avocado, sour cream and taco sauce

3 comments:

Joni Gardine said...

That sounds yummy! I think I'll be pulling out my crockpot for this one. Leave it to Becky to have such a yummy recipe.

Lisa said...

I'm trying this one!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful bag Sally!!! I am so impressed. Remember, Christmas is just 10 months away.