Sunday, February 8, 2009

It's raining pillows over here

Well, feathers actually.

I found some fabric a couple weeks ago that I just knew I wanted to use to cover pillows for our couch. The only problem was I had not been able to find the perfect pillows for the perfect price. Until, I went to TJ Maxx last week and found feather pillows in their clearance section for only five dollars. The only problem being that they were smaller than I wanted. So, I took three of them home with me, tore them apart, and used the feathers to stuff two bigger pillows that I made.

It was a huge mess! But it was also kind of fun. OK, a lot of fun.


As with all of my projects, I didn't measure right in some places and had to rip out a seam here or there, but Josh said he could definitely fall asleep with one under his head so I guess they work. Macy seems to like them too.

BTW, if your a beginner at the whole sewing thing like I am, this is a really easy project to try. I just googled how to make an envelope pillow case and there were the instructions.

9 comments:

Joni Gardine said...

Love the feather picture, love the fabric, love the colors, love it all! Great work!

Pepple said...

The pillows are so cute! You did a great job!

Jennifer said...

I love the pillows! I need to get brave and get my sewing machine out. Everytime I come to your blog you totally motivate me but then after I don't do it.

Kory Jane said...

My favorite pictures is the whole throwing up in the air deal. I do like the pillows by the way.

The Thompson Family said...

Cute Pillows, You are on your way to becoming a professional sewer.

Anonymous said...

I just love that picture with you throwing the feathers!!! It's a scrapbookers dream.

Dee dee said...

Macy just oozes with love for that pillow. Good job Mom! Love the feather throw too!

Jenn said...

so so so cute!

Janelle. said...

Sally...you are seriously the most creative person I've ever met. I always have projects that I think look fun...but you actually DO them. I'm glad you post all your projects...I like looking at all the fun things you create. I admire you :)