Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Here's one idea

While I was searching for twirly skirt tutorials the other night I came across a cute little blog called Meridian Ariel. She had a great gift idea that would be perfect for Christmas or Birthdays that I wanted to share with you.

Orange vanilla sugar scrub


ingredients:
1 cup demerera (raw cane) sugar
2-3 tablespoons almond oil
1 teaspoon vanilla flavouring
1 teaspoon orange (or any other flavour) essential oil

Mix all ingredients in a glass bowl (plastic will absorb the oil) until you have a nice slightly slushy consistency and then scoop it into a jar. (Hers came from Ikea, but you could also use a small jam jar.)

Isn't that so cute!!!! I love using sugar scrub in the shower.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

so excited to try it out!!

Pepple said...

Those are so fun to make and are awesome gifts! You can also get little glass jars from Hobby Lobby. I bought some not too long ago.