Here is your last recipe of the week. (I'll be resting tomorrow!) I don't have anything cute or clever to go with it, but I do have a new niece and she is rather cute. Thanks again to everyone who sent me recipes. I am really excited to try a bunch more.
Keith's Dr. Pepper Chicken:
8-10 boneless chicken breast halves
1 green bell pepper; diced
1 yellow onion; diced
1 (20oz) can pineapple tidbits
1 (12oz) can Dr. Pepper
1 (6oz) can tomato paste
1 C. medium pace picante sauce
3/4 C. brown sugar
4 cloves garlic; minced
2 tsp. ground black pepper
Arrange chicken in the bottom of crock pot. Drain pineapple reserving juice. Sprinkle bell pepper, onions and pineapple evenly over meat. In a large bowl stir together the remaining ingredients including the reserved pineapple juice and pour over meat. Cook in crock pot on low for 4-6 hrs, or as long as desired.
Saturday, February 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Hey Sally, that blogspot for the crockpot lady is pretty cool. Thanks for finding it!!!
So have you tried it with a soda other than Dr. Pepper?
No I never have. This recipe is one that Keith always makes in the dutch oven when we go camping (hence the name "Keiths's Dr. Pepper Chicken...had to be sure and give him the credit). I love it, so I turned it into a crock pot dinner.
Post a Comment