Monday, January 5, 2009

Still alive...barely!

I don't have the time or the energy to give a play by play, but there was painting, more painting, James walking himself around the corner and down the street without me knowing, a lot more painting and then Mom having a major crying breakdown. Make that several.

I don't know who took this picture of me, but this is pretty much what I looked like all week.

OK, I don't want this whole post to be a complete downer, so here is a picture of the bookshelf I took out of our bedroom and painted red. And my fun new chair. I love them both.

8 comments:

Kate said...

This made me laugh! But hey, at least you created something cool for your house! And I always want to leave comments but then forget... but I think your jewelry is pretty! You're talented! I don't think I would have the patience to do the shopping and construction.

and you asked me a long time ago about my mini vacuum.... it's an Electrolux. I got it at Target. It was about $100 and I LOVE IT! I use it several times a day. It has paid for itself many times in the number of times i've used it. There are cheaper versions. Just go check it out. I don't know about it vacuuming up huge chunks of hair, but I always use it in my bathroom to get my hair outta there and it works great! Wish you could cut my hair, cause then we could chat in real life!

Joni Gardine said...

It sounds like some antiquing and lunch is in order. Pick your day, friend. :) I'm sorry you've had a rough week.

Anna-Kare said...

Sounds way too familiar! My mom used to always tell me to go to bed, get some sleep, and things would look better in the morning. She was usually right. Hang in there!

The Thompson Family said...

Your book shelf and chair look awesome. Hang in there on the tough week. Love you.

Pepple said...

The bookcase and chair are so cute, you are so talented! Painting always sounds like a fun idea until I start doing it and then it becomes torturous. I am painting our entry right now and I am so ready to be done.

Real Life Roberts said...

Maybe you should join the club that NEVER PAINTS or is already too overwhelmed to take on new projects... I guess that wouldnt be fun! I love to see the projects in the amking and the end result! GREAT JOB!! I'm with Joni, let's do lunch!

Kory Jane said...

I hope that you are feeling better. I was going to ask if you brought the clothes on Sunday before I left, but then I thought better of waking you up. I hope things settle down for you....I am impressed with your high level of creativity. Maybe when you get done over there you can give some of that to me. And even when you say you look your worst you still look hot so no worries.

Lisa said...

I think I've come around to the dark side and am willing to pay people to paint my house. Maybe you would like to join me?