Monday, January 26, 2009

The secret to happy kids!

The other morning I gave James and Macy a bath and then thought, "I just can't deal with whiny clingy kids right now." So I dried them off and set them loose in their birthday suits.

I had 30 full minutes of blissfully happy children.








Ironically, as I was downloading these pictures the kids were in the other room arguing about some game they are playing and I started thinking "I wish I new the secret to kids who don't fight." Two seconds later I got a phone call from Broken Arrow public schools informing me that there will be no school tomorrow due to inclement weather.

I laughed. I sighed.

What will my survival kit for tomorrow include?

7 comments:

Real Life Roberts said...

rotate between eat, TV show, game time, free time, eat, TV, game, free. The day will go by fast b/c of structure and you will have your own free time when they are watching Tv and having their free time. Good luck.

Jenn said...

You are only making me more nervous about how I'm going to handle two kids when I can barely handle one!

melissa said...

cute pics! Good luck with no school! School never gets cancelled in Utah. When the girls used to drive me crzay, I would put them in the bath, thats thier favorite thing to do ha ha. Or give them an otter pop. Or both The naky part is a good idea!

Kory Jane said...

I love the perfectly placed shield in the picture. Did Macy make it without accident? We are closed today too, I wonder what I am going to do with this motley crew for the whole day.

Seth and Julie said...

Kids that don't fight? That would be something but maybe you should just leave them naked then watching them fight would be hilarious.

Anonymous said...

Jello or pudding in the bathtub would be really fun!! humm - that does sound like a good idea. Chocolate pudding - yah!

Becky said...

How is it that you went that long without any poopies. Miss Emma has started streaking lately and inevitably pees or poops each time. Drives me bonkers.

Did you get to keep any leftover cookies? They were yummy, way better than my last batch, blech!