Do you remember this bookshelf?

It was just one of those cheap $30 Wal-mart ones with cardboard backing. Originally I thought I would just keep the backing off, but after a few days I realized that it needed something. The cardboard was just so flimsy and ugly though. so...
I decided to cover it with paintable wallpaper. OK, I realize that putting wallpaper on the back of a bookshelf is not an original idea, but I thought the paintable kind was pretty genius.

It was really quick and easy it just took a while to dry completely. Then, tonight Josh nailed it to the back for me.


I really do like the way it turned out, but in the end cardboard is still cardboard. It's flimsy and bent up in spots, but oh well.
Oh ya, I also painted and recovered the chair that I put next to the bookshelf. Here it is before.

And this is the after.



11 comments:
Sally you are way too crafty..I need you to come and do your magic to my house!
You keep on coming up with some pretty darn crafty ideas. I'm keeping lots of them in mind....
I love them, you are so crafty. I really like the fabric on the chair. It looks kind of victorian but with a modern twist.
I am always so impressed with your ideas. I have never even painted a wall or hung a picture.
Great idea. I can't wait to stay at home and do fun stuff to my house! :) Keep the ideas coming, because they are helping me out!
I love the chair black! It looks awesome with the fabric. Great job!
Grandma Morgan always had a way of taking things that weren't very expensive and making something really elegant. Little touches like adding bows to the spoons on the wall etc. She'd be very impressed and proud of you.
It looks great! Good job. And nice work on the chair too.
(I know I told you all of that already, but I wanted to leave a comment!)
Your a genius!!! LOVE IT!
Very nice!
Simply Bee-U-tee-full ! ;)
Post a Comment