Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Officially...Laila Kristina Rollins

On Monday morning we arrived at the hospital at 10:15 as instructed. They took me right back and got me hooked up to a million different tubes. And then we got to sit and wait until 12:00. When it was just about time for me to go back to the OR, one of the nurses came in and informed me that another woman in active labor had just arrived and she also needed a c-section so I was getting bumped 2 hours. So, I got to spend four fun filled hours at the hospital just sitting there waiting.



At 2:00 they wheeled me back for my epidural and fifty minutes later this pretty lady was whisked away screaming mad. Her first name was just one that Josh and I picked off a baby name list, but her middle name comes from my grandma Morgan who is Inga Kristina.


I did all the work for nine months and then the only part I had in bringing her into this world was lay on a table.


She found her fingers pretty fast



Mom and Laila meeting for the first time.




The kids were sooo excited to come up and meet her 


Even James wanted to hold her for just a quick second


The girls are completely smitten with her, especially Samm.


Sneaky dad taking pictures of mom


Meeting Grandma and Grandpa Rollins. It has been so nice to have them here to take care of the older three for me. 




This was the next day when she was finally cleaned up. She's got a little bit of chunk to those cheeks!


And of course the most exciting part about visiting mom in the hospital is playing on the bed.



8 comments:

Real Life Roberts said...

Love the name! Good pick! I love that Samm is smitten! Love Laila's cheeks!

Anna-Kare said...

I love the name! (Of course I used Kristina myself, too.) It will be fun for you to watch Samm mother her little sister. Kerstin was only 7 when Taylor was born and I think she took care of him more than I did. Do you remember how close she was to Taylor? Anyway, enjoy your new little one. What a blessing!

Jenn said...

I think the name is perfect. Thanks for all the pictures! I can't wait to meet her too.

Brooke said...

That's the best middle name a girl could have.

The Thompson Family said...

Laila is soooo beautiful. We can't wait to meet her. Congrats again. What a beautiful family!

melissa said...

That is a very pretty name! She is beautiful. I'm glad the other kids are excited. Congratulations!

Thor'sblog said...

She is gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

I will never forget the look on James's face when he first saw Laila. It was so precious. I am so glad that we got to come and help. It was a wonderful time, it was so good to see you all again. I loved that each morning James would first come sneak in our bed, with the other two soon following. I hate to think that Laila will be almost 1 year old before I get to hold her again, so post them pictures!!!