When we first came out to Michigan to look for a house to rent, I was pretty optimistic. After seeing the first five boxes in horrible neighborhoods that were being passed off as house I actually ended up in tears. Then there was one last house to see. It wasn't even really supposed to be shown yet because the painter was still working and the carpet was being replaced, but our realtor had connections so we were allowed in. As soon as we pulled into the neighborhood I had a feeling that this was going to be the place for us to raise our family for the next five years. Then, we found the address and I was sold. The basketball hoop in the driveway did it for me before we even walked in.
I had visions of family basketball games on cool summer evenings and sneaking peeks out the window while my kids played horse.
Sadly, we don't get out onto the driveway as a family as much as I had envisioned, usually it's only on Monday evenings when I suddenly realize that we don't have an activity planned for FHE, but when we do, it's everything that I imagined it would be. Right now I'm more of a spectator than a participator, but that is by far the best seat to have.
Samm cracks me up, because she really dances around like this the whole time she plays.


3 comments:
That is what I wish we had...I think this is the first time I have seen the outside of your house. It looks really cute.
(Is Macy almost as tall as James?)
I dream about basketball games in the driveway too.
I'm surprised your not in there showing them your mad skills...
We had a hoop in our driveway in NC. There were many nights of playing HORSE. Love those memories.
Post a Comment