On Saturday one of our neighbor girls was having a Birthday party that she invited our kids to. It was a princess party though so we suggested to James that the girls go to the party and he could go with Dad to do some boy stuff. He decided the boy stuff would be better and even let me tag along for a while, even though I think he really didn't want me to.
James has suddenly become very interested in baseball so we took him to a batting cage to let him hit some baseballs. Baseball is probably my least favorite sport to watch, but if it is the sport my son loves, than I'm willing to give it a try.
After the batting cages we were on our way into Cold Stone when Josh got a text from one of his attending doctors. He has season tickets to the Detroit Tigers game but wasn't going to make it to the game that evening and the first person to respond could have his tickets. Josh texted back right away and scored him and James two seats 7 rows behind home plate.
After the girls came home from the birthday party we decided that we weren't going to just sit at home bored, so we went out to do some back to school shopping and had dinner at Pei Wei per Samm's request.
This girl loves her lo mein!
We didn't get much in the way of school clothes other than some pants and a few shirts, but we did have a post shopping fashion show once we got home. Sadly, I forgot to take pictures, but it did bring back some good memories of back to school shopping with my sisters.





4 comments:
Thanks for not incriminating me. I'm pretty sure I was there for most of the back-to-school-shopping fashion shows...James looks like a regular Mickey Mantle out there (you've got to compare to old-school ball players just to be sure they weren't druggies)...I'm pretty sure you think baseball is boring because of all my games you were forced to go watch as a small child. Sorry.
What a stroke of good luck! How fun that Josh was home and quick to grab those tickets. I bet James will not forget that any time soon. Looks like the ladies had a pretty good day too.
I love how much more Josh is at home now. I bet you are enjoying it as well. Looks like you guys had a really great day. Gotta love days like that.
That Samm is one beautiful girl!!!
Post a Comment