Sunday, November 28, 2010

THE dress

OK, so I have tons of stuff to blog about, but I'll start today with the most important. Samm's baptism!



Samm had to wait almost two months after her birthday to get baptized, because we were waiting for Grandma and Grandpa to come for Thanksgiving. It was worth the wait though, because Grandma brought a very special dress with her.



My mom made Samm's dress out of linens that belonged to both my great grandmother and my grandmother. The top portion of the dress has handmade lace and my great grandmother's initials embroidered onto it. The bottom of the dress has my grandmother's initial's embroidered on it, and my mom hand embroidered her initials on it when she finished making it.


Samm kept telling me that she felt like a princess in her dress, and how she wanted to wear it to church later. Unfortunately for her though it's going somewhere safe so that Macy can wear it when she turns 8.


I still can't believe I'm old enough to have a child get baptized, but I couldn't be more proud of her!

6 comments:

Danielle said...

That dress is GORGEOUS! Congrats on your baptism!

Thor'sblog said...

CONGRATS Sam! We miss you guys.

Jenn said...

She looks so happy! I love it. Thanks for posting.

and I just have to comment on your belt, of course! I love it. And with the dark hair I can see that we look more a like than I always thought.

Seth and Julie said...

Congrats to Samm! It really is amazing that we are at this phase already with these little babes of ours. I love the dress. What a special addition to a special day!

Real Life Roberts said...

How special! I love sentimental stuff like that! CONGRATS!!

The Thompson Family said...

Awe congrats Samm. She is so beautiful.