Wednesday, September 8, 2010

I'm Back

Today Brad came over to hook up the internet for us. Thank You Brad! I think next time I'll pass on the stench of cigaretts permeating my entire house though.

OK, on to business. I have a new nephew! Congratulations are in order to my brother Keith and his wife Natalie. Baby Ezra is in the NICU right now fighting off an infection, but should be able to come home soon. Oh he's so cute! I want to hold him.

And speaking of cute. These are two of the cutest bums I've ever seen! If your kids are ever really bored, I suggest filling a couple large bowls with soapy water and then adding a few drops of food coloring. Pink and green bubbles are really fun to play with!

And to keep myself busy, I decided to do something about our really old, hand-me-down, colored on and scratched up table. I wish I would have taken a more zoomed in picture so you could see just how sad this table was looking. But, you'll just have to take my word for it. It was pretty much as bad as it could get.

A week without a table and a kitchen that looked like this was getting old really fast, but it was worth it because...

Now I have a brand new table! I re-stained the top and then painted everything else a not so bright white. I'm actually not completely finished, because I'm still waiting for my bench from IKEA to be in stock so we can seat more than four people. For now, we just pull up my hair cutting chair and everyone can eat together.



And finally, happy back to school!





5 comments:

Jenn said...

The table looks really good! Even better than what I could see from the picture on my phone. I'm really impressed.

Kory Jane said...

So very glad to see you back and posting. I have really missed reading them. Your table looks great, by by marker stains. How are things going up there?

The Thompson Family said...

It is good to have you back. I love reading your blogs.

Pepple said...

Glad you are back! I have missed reading your blog! The table looks great.

modern myrtle home said...

Sally,
The table looks FANTASTIC!!! Great work! We finally got a new table and chairs that match last month. ( After 12 years, I was due. lol ) If I would have seen how great yours turned out before that, I may have tried to copy. It really looks great. So glad to see you're posting again. I miss you tons. :)