Friday, August 28, 2009

A lost art?

I'm sad.

One by one I'm loosing my blogging friends. Apparently they've all moved on to bigger and better things (Facebook).

Sometimes I wonder myself why I even do this. It takes time. Can be frustrating when suddenly you can't move your pictures around anymore, and does anyone really care?


Well, I care! I spent two hours last night looking through all my old posts and was so grateful that I took the time to post pictures and videos and funny little stories. I had almost forgotten how cute it was to watch Macy twirl her little feet in circles as a baby.

So, even if no one else ever looked at my blog I would still keep blogging. How else would I remember this morning. How after Samm left us at the bus stop the air was so nice and cool that none of us wanted to go back inside.

So I sat in the drive way and watched James zip around on his scooter.


Macy wants so badly to be able to ride it also. I helped her a few times and her grin was worth every bit of back pain I felt from hunching over and helping her balance.


We sat in our garage sale chairs and looked at the clouds and watched for airplanes. We even spotted a helicopter which caused big excitement from Macy.



The kids were kids and fought over who got to play with the red car. Because apparently red cars are faster than green cars.


Then they buried the red car in the dirt at the end of the driveway that is usually off limits, but Mom was feeling generous because a bath was coming any way.




We even let Axle come out with us for a while because his cries from behind the closed door were sounding pretty pathetic.


How else could I remember all that?

10 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

Ugh..FACEBOOK. I am losing much of my blogging circle as well which is one reason I have stubbornly refused to get on facebook. I like blogging. It is more intimate and more real. I don't care about hooking up with people I haven't thought about in 15 years but I do care about journaling my days with my kids.

So keep blogging, I am still reading and I know your family will treasure your words for years to come.

Kory Jane said...

I still read as well. I am surprised at how many people do read the blogs even if they don't comment. But I look everyday for a new post from people. I rather enjoy reading your blog, and I would be very sad if I didn't see you posting new ones anymore. With me moving I really need you to blog now more than ever.

melissa said...

I feel the same way about blogging. I think I do it more for myself than for anyone else, and I'm sure it will come in handy in two years when I'm trying to catch up on my scrap booking LOL

Keith said...

Bloggin is 100 times better than Facebook. Facebook is for teenie boppers.

Mrs. Cropper said...

1. Your restored furniture looks GREAT! Way to go!
2. I can't believe you and Jenn's matching blog posts. Love it. And I totally love that episode.
3. I often feel the same way about blogging. Most importantly it's a great family history, but I sometimes feel the same way--is anybody out there?! Just so you know, I totally care and love reading your blog. I love knowing what you are up to, getting to know your kids a bit, and getting inspired by all the projects you tackle. I don't comment anywhere much anymore just for time's sake, but I totally love to read.

Quin's momma said...

I MUCH prefer blogs and blogging. I don't think anyone ever reads my blog, either. I enjoy your blog posts and I usually check several times a day (if given the opportunity) to see if any of my friends have posted. So, keep it up!

Amy said...

I feel the same way about blogging. Now that my blog is private - I don't think anyone goes to it anymore, but it is seriously like our family album. I don't scrapbook and I don't keep a journal. I have blogs for that. One day I'll take the blogs and turn them into a book for the family or maybe once a year - but I am documenting all of this for my family. Facebook can NEVER replace blogging for me.

Barbra said...

Well Sally, I've pretty much abandoned my own blog but that's because I don't have children to journal about. Sometimes I think people blog to keep up with the Jones's. I don't think your blog is like that at all. It takes clever thought to make yours as entertaining as you do and I always love the pictures. I firmly believe hard copy journaling about families is best and I hope that doesn't become a true lost art, whether to blogging or FB. The lure of FB is that it's easy and quick. Everyone is right there on one page and it's for short little entries. I hardly ever comment on anyone's blog, but it doesn't mean I don't go check out my favorites every now and then. Maybe when my two peanuts come I'll be more interested in maintaining my own. In the meantime, I'll read fun ones like yours.

Rachel said...

My blog is my scrapbook, even though I've been slacking lately! I love looking back through our blog too and so do the kids.

Real Life Roberts said...

Hey I admitt that I have slacked on the blogging world...I will comment more to help you to realize WE ARE READING!!! Motivation right? hahaha! Really, your blog is one of my favs!!