Tuesday, August 11, 2009

OK lets play!

*Update* OK, so I really didn't think through the timing of this. I forgot the rest of you are still doing the mad dash to get kids ready for school, so I think I better postpone for a little while. Maybe next month when things have calmed down. But, because Lisa shares my enthusiasm for surprises in the mail, I just might make her something special anyway.

I haven't had time to think of a name for this little game because I've barely had time to breathe so if anyone comes up with a good one let me know.

I was looking at a craft blog the other day that was doing some sort of swap and it got me thinking about how fun it would be to not only send a fun package to someone in the mail but also to receive one from someone else. I love getting mail of any kind.

So here is my idea. I'm going to put together a small package with one home made item and a few other little crafting items. For example I might make a bracelet and then throw in some scrapbook paper and some of my new vintage buttons.

If you think you would like to receive a package like this in the mail than just leave a comment including your email address between now and Friday. It doesn't matter if I know you personally or not. Anyone who wants to play is welcome. On Friday at some time (no guarantees as to when) I will randomly choose a winner. I will contact the winner via email to get their address and then send my little mystery package on its way.

Then, whoever wins will repeat the process. Post the game on your blog and send a package of your own to the next lucky winner until there has been five winners. Then, whoever the 5th winner is will send a package back to me (sally.rollins@gmail.com) to complete the cycle. That way everyone who sends something also gets something. Make sense? Yes? No?.

OK, so here are the official rules:


  • Think small and simple (shoe box sized packages, and only make things that can be completed in a day or two. We don't want to drag this out forever.)
  • Think free. Everything must come from what you already have at home.
  • If your not willing to send a package of your own than please don't leave a comment.
  • When you post the game on your blog make sure to list what number you are and include the names of the previous winners.

That's it. I think. If something is confusing just let me know so I can clarify for everyone else.

Good luck to everyone! Now I just need to think of something fun to make.

ps. No comments about how it sounds fun but you aren't crafty (Julie) Everyone can put together something! We aren't trying to outdo each other with our crafting skills, just have some fun and see where this random path of people takes us.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

I like mail and I LOVE surprises.
lewisairways@valornet.com

Mrs. Cropper said...

OK I'm not playing. I would really like to but I have 5784 other things on my list this week and I have to restrain myself.

But I have some other things to say.

1. i am drooling over your vintage button score. awesome!

2. krista and kenny's photos are so gorge. holy cow.

3. i am so bummed i missed all of that. i was in cali for a wedding and missed it all. i am so sad i didn't get to see them, you, etc. looks like it was a GREAT event.

loves.

Jenn said...

Sounds like a fun game to me. I will definately play!

The Thompson Family said...

count me in. I love getting mail and I love crafts.
parkrangerstacey@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

I want to do it!!! Please count me in and if I win you can just give it to me.