Not the actual temperature, although I wouldn't mind the mercury rising a few notches. No, what I mean is the craziness! When did May become so busy?
For starters, today kicked off teacher appreciation week. And don't get me wrong, I think teachers are incredible, but do they really need a whole week? I mean, I've devoted myself to a lifetime of mothering and I only get one day out of 365 to be appreciated.
And speaking of mother's day because that is coming up quickly and I've got gifts to make and send still, who decided it should be on Sunday? Give me a Friday night at least! That way we can get a sitter and go out. Or does that defeat the purpose of Mother's day?
Anyway, I Failed to mention that my own Mother's birthday also happens to fall on Mother's day this year. And since she is the worlds greatest Mom I need to make sure I put together something extra special for her. I also have a brother celebrating his birthday on the 9th.
After that my presence is required at the elementary school for the last assembly of the year so I can watch Samm's class sing a 20 second song. Then my volunteer services are required for super kids day. What happens when I have more than one kid in school?
OOH, I almost forgot On the 26th Josh and I celebrate 9 years of marriage! How could I forget that? ps. You don't need to get me a gift honey, just help contribute to my new camera fund!
And, once I make it through all that we have the last day of school. YAY! The pool opens. DOUBLE YAY! and Samm has her dance recital. I've already been instructed that flowers are a must!
Wow, you know I actually feel a lot better getting that all down in writing.



3 comments:
whew, I got tired just reading that.
I totally agree with Mother's Day being on a Sunday. We're jipped!
You do sound busy! Maybe it will make you feel better to know that at least you aren't making a list like that and then counting down until you have a baby!!
Post a Comment