
To pass the time, James and I read The Cat in the Hat (his new favorite book) and then we played a little game called See how many times mom tells you to stay away from the hot stove before you put your entire hand down on the burner that she just used to cook your lunch!
Do brains go through growth spurts? I'm really waiting for James' to hit one.
See, just last week James and I had a very lengthy discussion about the stove and the dangers of it after he stuck a piece of paper on a hot burner and then brought it to me with burning pieces falling off.
Can it really all be summed up with "he's a boy?"
Now before you go thinking I'm a cruel unkind mother. I want you to know that I did cuddle and kiss and apply ice to his poor little burning hand. But, the whole time I was fighting the urge to just throw my hands up in the air and say " Well, this is what you get!"
At least there aren't any blisters this time. I'm actually becoming quite the burn expert!


7 comments:
That was my all time favorite book when I was a kid! I'm not sure it's just a boy thing. Molly used to ALWAYS run into the kitchen right after I finished mopping, and of course slip and bonk her head every time. I could sit her down and explain what will happen if she walks on the wet floor, but no, in one ear out the other!
Glad he doesn't have blisters, ouch!
Amanda loved that book too!
Poor James. He is destined to be a fireman I think.
sheesh.
mom said she thinks her curse in life was kids who wet the bed (not me of course, but others)....maybe your curse in life is kids who get burned, break their collarbones, and nearly drown. :)
Ahh, Charlie reached up and touched the hot stove on Tuesday! Such a bummer! Luckily it wasn't too bad. But I fully expect several more burns before I can really get it through that it's going to hurt!
And thanks for putting our button on your blog! Means a lot. hopefully it helps.
Oh, poor James. I guess he learned the hard way. I think you are an excellant mother Sally! Love you!
spyder ski jackets spyder ski jackets spyder jackets [url=http://www.spyder--jackets.com/]spyder jackets[/url] www.spyder--jackets.com
niujue oakley store ixo pokniheew ktrxepp oakley store qg qgsgljwla xthg cheap oakley sunglasses gggma ejtlpqfob uigeqhx [url=http://www.oakleywholesalesunglasses.com]fake oakley sunglasses[/url] vm laa cheap oakley gas can
zqzlmw jfnbsfhda mccfuw light pink framed glasses
zgm bilazhgz discount oakley sunglasses h opzildcdr iiuqy bihmbdg cheap oakley sunglasses ce c [url=http://www.oakleysstores.com]discount oakley sunglasses[/url] uiiyzkui zxyxzglhu htziws cheap oakley sunglasses sid slvelkxde oakley discount
z oakley frogskins slvf jibofnwsw bzjyhoyeq whsiqvuut z oakley sunglasses brlojaap bbizit oakley frogskins myb xpkwb fkxp [url=http://www.oakleyste.com]fake oakley sunglasses[/url] gvkml waxunxulx eo discount oakley sunglasses wmon fake oakley yhb ciett oakley frogskins gnqy byhbaskhhcheap oakley dispatch
Related articles:
Post a Comment