Yesterday I cleaned my house while the William Tell overture (not that version) played in the background and right on Que at about the 8 minute mark Macy came running into the room and started marching around. Then she reached out for me and I just couldn't help myself so I picked her up and we galloped around the room. (something we used to do as kids)
I could actually see myself crouching behind the couch during the slow part of the music waiting for the bad guys to pass so we could come out and run around again. Or maybe my Dad was the bad guy. I don't remember the specifics just the feeling of it. The excitement.
So Dad, the legacy of the horsey song continues.
Seriously, just try and play that song without galloping around. I don't think it's possible.
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Ava and I gallop around whenever I play that song too. I just can't help myself. Who could?! (or maybe it's just a weird Morgan thing?)
What a fun memory! It is a pretty catchy song!
Does that guy really have a harmonica INSIDE his mouth?!?! Fun times... My kids favorite lately is the song from the movie Jaws. They love to go Da Da, Da Da, Da, da and roar at the end to scare each other! Then they collapse into giggles, of course.
It only takes a few really good memories in life that you can hold on to like a teddy bear when you need comfort. I'm so glad you have that one. p.s. Love the previous blog and the picture! Yes, you are a very good mommy!
I used to have that song memorized when I played the trumpet. It was so fun to play. I might need a copy of yours to get my house cleaned.
LOVE it. I am trying to do more fun little things like that with my kids. Today we rolled around and the boys wrestled like crazy on a bed covered in blankets and it was so fun to just relax and watch my kids love eachother. I should do more to infuse music into our day.
Post a Comment