Have you ever thought/wanted/said those words? If you haven't it's only because you have not yet experienced the skin crawling feeling of two or three or maybe even more children all saying your name at the same time over and over and over. I know I'm not the only one because my Mom informed us many times that she was no longer the Mom.
So, as I was standing in line at Target today, my thread of patience already very thin from trying to get all three kids to sit still and smile for their pictures which was nearly impossible, I had Samm and James both tapping me on each leg and Macy shouting to get my attention.
What I really wanted to do was start screaming at the top of my lungs, but heaven forbid all the complete strangers standing next to me find out I'm the kind of mom that yells. So instead I made an executive decision.
"My name is not mom anymore" I said. "from now on, you may call me Your Majesty!"


11 comments:
Ooo I like that. I agree with you. Nothing is worse than the over usage of Mom. Sometimes I pretend not to hear it....so do I need to call you Your Majesty from now on as well?
That is funny! It's amazing how sometimes I can tune them out and I don't even realize I'm doing it because they say "Mom Mom!" too much and then Av will say "yoo hoo, yoo hoo Mom" I told them the magic word is I love you mom and that usually gets my attention!
So funny! I love Your Majesty, I should tell the kids that. Many times I have said "I'm not the mommy today". If only it were that easy, right?!
Good for you! I remember mom saying the same thing. I have yet to experience that (ava whines for dad not mom) but I'm sure I will someday soon.
I have often said those very words. It must be a requirement of motherhood.
Oh the days I wish I could change my name!
that was hilarious. thanks sally for the laugh.
I will have to try it!
I use those words quite often! I usually say something similar, except I make the girls call me some random name... that way, when I forget the name of the day, I don't have to answer them! haha! :)
Funny, I remember ever saying such a thing! :) ha-ha
Ohhh - do I feel ya there! So great, I'm gonna have to use that one. I've missed visiting you here!
Post a Comment