Friday, March 27, 2009

New, old, and new but old

New: Aqua waters on the isles of Mikonos. Roughly translated as I bought blue fingernail polish. I'm usually just a hot pink kind of girl. Occasionally I go red or do a french polish, but I couldn't stop looking at this blue color so I had to buy it. I even got really crazy and put it on my fingers. Although I did blend in with the young women on Wed. night I don't think I will make blue fingernails a habit. I am loving it on my toes though. Now I just need a tan.

Old: Oh, just this annoying pain in my right hip that won't go away.

New but old: 1) On Wed. night one of our young women and her mom brought me a surprise. I do her mom's hair pretty frequently and she knows that I am learning to sew and last time she was over I still didn't have my own sewing machine yet. And, on their way to the church they past what looked like a sewing machine case that had a sign on it saying "free. Still works." So, they turned around a picked it up for me. How sweet is that?! So, even though I actually did break down and buy a sewing machine not too long ago I am totally keeping this one.

2) I found a beautiful pink skirt at Good will the other day that I was honestly hoping was my size, but it was a large children's skirt that had been misplaced. It was so pretty though and only $4.99 that I had to bring it home for something. At first I was just going to try and take it in for Samm to wear, but then I had a vision in my head of a dress that I wanted to make for Macy. I finished it a couple days ago, but when I had Macy try it on I died laughing. Since I didn't have a pattern I was making it up as I went, and the sleeves ended up looking like something from Star trek. I wasn't going to post pictures until I fixed it, but it's good to laugh at ourselves every once in a while so I'll let you all laugh a long with me. And if your wondering why her mouth is purple, it's because she had just eaten a purple marker.

9 comments:

Jeanette said...

Great job! That is super cute! :) You are becoming quite the DOMESTIC GODDESS! :) I love the sleeves!!

Seth and Julie said...

How cute that you made a dress from the skirt. I wouldn't have even noticed the sleeves until you pointed them out. Still cute!

Kerstin said...

Not to freak you out or anything but you might want to get your hip checked out. I had an annoying pain in my right hip for many years and when I finally went to the doctor I found out I had a tumor in my hip and my hip was deformed far worse than it would have been had I not waited so long to go to the doctor.

Oh and the dress it totally cute. I'm impressed!

Anna-Kare said...

I think the dress is cute.....and I'm WAY impressed that you can "make it up as[you] go." Awesome!

Anonymous said...

I know an excellent orthopedic surgeon and if I talk to him, I think he will take your insurance. Let me know. The dress is unbelievable!!! You know that is what a good ward does, looks after it's memebers. We are so fortunate to have such a ward

melissa said...

cute dress Sally. I have a dress pattern that I saw one day and loved about 2 years ago... maybe you just inspired me to actually use it!

Jenn said...

I love the blue. I wish I knew of somewhere around here that sells OPI. Does Sally's?

Danielle said...

So I happen to love the Blue, and you did a FABULOUS JOB with my blue french manicure. I must say that I did wonder whether I was too old to wear blue on my nails. But if I can't be daring and confident now regardless of what the normal pro quo is when Can I? Bottom Line Embrace it be bold!
I choose to step outside the box!!!!

Does this really surprise anyone about me? After all I am the medicated crazy of the bunch. ;-)

Dee dee said...

You never cease to amaze me. Blue nails and a cute dress from a skirt! The sleeves are even fun, but easy to fix if you want to. Yeah, and you best get that pain in the hip looked into. You just might need a chiropractic adjustment, but... listen to your cousin.