This post is for my sister, because according to her I'm getting a little to cute with my blog.
So, let's talk about potty training.
I have been working with James for almost a year now and I am still washing wet and soiled pants on a daily basis. If I set the timer and take him every hour and a half he does just fine. He will even poop in the toilet for me, which is by far the hardest thing for them to figure out. However, if I leave it up to him he simply does not want to take the time to go. Every couple of months I give up and say "fine we'll do it when your ready." Then I go to the store and have to buy diapers for the baby and pull-ups for him and it's back to "I'd rather wash wet underwear."
This past weekend the kids and I were at my sister-in-laws for our annual Easter egg hunt when her oldest boy came in and informed us that James needed to be changed. Unfortunately,he was wearing underwear not a pull-up. So, as I'm in the bathroom cleaning him up I ask him once again "why did you poop in your pants instead of the toilet?" (I don't know why I even ask him that because the answer is always "I don't know.") His response this time was "Because it makes me happy!"
How do you potty train a kid that says that?
My mom assures me that he will figure it out by the time he goes to kindergarten, but I'm seriously starting to doubt that.


7 comments:
haha...that is so funny...Chase was the exact same way...I swore he would never learn...He was 3 years and 3 months old before it finally kicked in...So just hang in there...I would just keep an eye on him...Chase liked to grab himself before he wet so it was pretty obviouse when he needed to go...
awww, but mom it makes him happy!!! This just makes me grateful that we are out of that stage for now. I am sure he will get it soon......I don't think he will want to wear depends in the locker room.
that is too funny he said that! Good luck, I'm sure he will catch on! That is a cute story about Samm and Josh!
Nasty, nasty boy, don't mean a thing.....oh you nasty boy UGH. Please tell me you remember that Janet Jackson song and you're not sitting there thinking "What on earth is Shandolynne saying?"
I have faith- he'll one day decide it's nasty and he needs to go in the toilet.
That's Funny! I too hate potty training...it's the worst part of motherhood. Good luck. I have no advice sorry.
I guess that saying "Whatever makes you happy!" is true for James! He is such a cute little pooper but a trial in Sunbeams.
It's still a cute story. But not "cutsie" like we talked about so good job. Plus James is just so cute, he's irresistable!
Post a Comment