This is the conversation I overheard the other day.
Samm. "You'll always protect me right Dad?"
Josh."uh-huh"
Samm."You'll fight lions, jump out of airplanes, and fight twenty robots?"
Josh laughing. "Yes, honey I would fight twenty robots."
After we chuckled all day about Josh jumping out of airplanes and fighting lions I started thinking about how in her mind she really does believe her Dad could do those things. Didn't you when you were little?
I thought my Dad could do anything and fix anything. I don't know that fighting robots was on the top of my list, but I definitely knew that any homework question I had he would know the answer to or be able to figure it out.
Yes Dad, you should have been getting your own report card for math all those years!
And the thing that really struck me as I thought back to when I was little and my Dad was the ultimate hero, is that he still is. Even though I'm a grown women, I still believe that my Dad could fight a lion, jump out of an airplane, or fight twenty robots.
So... how much do I love that this handsome guy is and always will be her ultimate hero!
I'm sure you already know!


5 comments:
I hate that my dad is gone. I still, as a grown woman, think to myself "If dad was here I'd have him....." or "Oh now, what if .... happens, Dad's not here to help me". I totally think it's great that Samm has a hero!
Oh that is too cute!
I can't type due to the tears in my eyes!
Sally, remember the converstaion we had before we started our blogs about how some blogs are too cutsy? Yours is getting there! :)
But don't worry. I like it.
so cute...Dad's are the ultimate heros!
Post a Comment