Saturday, March 1, 2008

A really Awsome weekend

I'm a whole week behind in putting up this post, but I just couldn't not share our fun weekend!


We had a bunch of family come in to town on thursday and of course the girls can't get together without doing hair so... Friday night we kicked off the fun in my beauty shop...I mean tiny kitchen. This is my adorable sister-in-law Natalie getting some serious root action taken care of!

Of course there was plenty of video game playing Saturday afternoon. (This photo courtesy of Samm.)

Saturday night we had a big suprise party for Josh who turned The big 30! The best part was that he was genuinely suprised. We went out to eat the night before because it was his actual birthday and he was a little upset that I didn't make a big deal out of such a big day. Ha Ha! Ps.Thank You everyone for helping me with the party and bringing all the yummy food.

And another big thank you to Joni for this amazing cake. It tasted as good as it looked!


And The really really great part about this weekend was having so much of my family here on Sunday when we blessed our sweet baby girl.



(L to R) Brother-in-law Chris, Josh, Brother Keith, Dad, Brother-in-law Corey, and Father-in-law Linne.

The dress that Macy wore is 50 years old! My Mom wore it as a baby when she was cristened, my sisters and I all wore it when we were blessed, and Samm also wore it for her blessing. Josh absolutely hates the bonnet, but I think it is kind of cute so she wore it for some pictures.

And no family get together would be complete without my Dad making his famous omlettes. SO YUMMY!
I feel so incredibly blessed to have such an amazing family. I loved having them all here and was sad that the weekend passed so quickly.

9 comments:

Traci said...

Happy Birthday OLD MAN!! HA HA!! Looks like you had a lot of fun. I wish you were closer so that you could do my hair!
So are you coming to Medford this summer or next? I am confused by your comment on my blog. PLEASE say this summer!!!
Macy is soooo darling. I love the bonnet too!

Kory Jane said...

Hmm, somehow I dodged all the pictures!! How did that happen? I really am sad I missed your breakfeast!!! We will have to make some raspberry waffles together because that sounds so good!! Let me know what day you have open this week and maybe we can get the kids together.

Jennifer said...

It looks like you had an awesome weekend! I love it when family gathers together like that...Jessica is coming out next week for Jeff's wedding and thank goodness because I need some serious root action too! Miss you...Come back to Cali soon.

Sally said...

Sorry Traci it won't be until next summer. I'm really bummed that you won't be there anymore.

Danielle said...

Hi sally,
It's Danielle (Barrus...but now Wilson). Wow, look at all your darling kids! You guys look like you are doing great. Congrats on your new baby. I love her blessing dress. So pretty.

Mrs. Cropper said...

Hi Sally! I just found you through Kate's blog! Your little Macy is darling and I love that blessing outfit! Looks like you are doing great...

melissa said...

Happy Birthday Josh! That is great that your family was able to visit. Macy looks different from the last pic I saw. She is very cute!

Real Life Roberts said...

So we had a blast...I realized we missed out on the famous cake! BUMBER! So when does Josh want his b-day dinner!? Did you get Macy's blessing notes?

Anonymous said...

Aw, I'm such a sucker for family get togethers, I got a little misty reading about YOURS :) what the heck??

That blessing dress is amazing...and the story behind it makes it even more gorgeous.

Glad you had such a wonderful time. Hope it's not too long before your next set of visitors arrives. I can totally relate to feeling far away and isolated!