Last night the kids and I were on our way to the ward talent show when out of no where James says "OK guys, you can't tell ANYONE, but in Mrs. (?'s) class, I have a crush on Ava."
Me "Why do you have a crush on Ava?"
James "Because she has lipstick, and she's beautiful, and she talks beautiful, and she has beautiful hair." (pauses for a second) "And I can see inside her and her spirit looks really fun!"
Me "So she wears lipstick huh?"
James "Ya, but I can't ask her to marry me because when I'm ten we are moving."
What is a mother to do!
Saturday, April 21, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Thanks for the chuckle! Definitely a Type 1 if he sees her fun spirit.
:) Also, I'm assuming this 8 yr old is wearing lip gloss right?
It makes total sense to me.....At least he is applying some logic to it. Next you just need to teach him that you guys are moving to Wyoming when he turns 10....
He has a great sense of observation and yet he is practical - both admiral qualities. He's going to do fine in this world.
Just keep moving every time they have a new crush.
If this was facebook I would "like" Julie's comment.
Haha! I love the spirit comment.
Post a Comment